Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has got beyond a wind-up. Either hammer him or drop the fuckin case. SFA have had plenty time so sort out dates and witnesses yet wait til the last second and adjourn?? How can united be expected to organise a team to play games when they arent sure if one of their players is/isnt gonna be involved? Shambles

In my opinion, they have messed up big time going public about this and now they have zero evidence. This is being delayed for one reason and one reason only - To save face when this is throwing out.

ETA: Just seen Gauldy :wub: on the BBC website giving an interview. He came across very well, what a pro.

No witnesses available, despite there being witnesses available for his other charge in relation to the incident which happened at the same time, and also Butcher's misdemeanour which also happened at the same time.

Perhaps no-one witnessed this incident because it didn't happen.

Behave yourselves. Judicial and quasi-judicial hearings get postponed and adjourned all the time. It's tiresome, perhaps, but it's absolutely the norm and says nothing whatsoever about Scottish football. The panel are either ready to proceed or not. If not then you can either adjourn or you can please the public and fire on, safe in the knowledge that at least the punters won't moan about the process.

Behave yourselves. Judicial and quasi-judicial hearings get postponed and adjourned all the time. It's tiresome, perhaps, but it's absolutely the norm and says nothing whatsoever about Scottish football. The panel are either ready to proceed or not. If not then you can either adjourn or you can please the public and fire on, safe in the knowledge that at least the punters won't moan about the process.

So a simple disciplinary case involving a small group of individuals who all live and work in Scotland that will not be solved for just over 6 weeks says nothing about Scottish football? Aye right. The disciplinary review process in this country is completely out of date. Its stupid that Ciftci has even been allowed to play in the last month given the potential severity of the accusation made against him. The matter should have been dealt with within a week.

So a simple disciplinary case involving a small group of individuals who all live and work in Scotland that will not be solved for just over 6 weeks says nothing about Scottish football? Aye right. The disciplinary review process in this country is completely out of date. Its stupid that Ciftci has even been allowed to play in the last month given the potential severity of the accusation made against him. The matter should have been dealt with within a week.

You sound like a Daily Mail subeditor.

Out of interest, which country's disciplinary review process would you suggest that we adopt and how does that process differ from the one in Scotland?

You sound like a Daily Mail subeditor.

Out of interest, which country's disciplinary review process would you suggest that we adopt and how does that process differ from the one in Scotland?

Do I? In what way? By being unhappy about the way this case has been handled?

I wasn't suggesting an alternative country's process, the point was about Scotland's, I only really care about our own and it doesn't work very well. If you think it does then I suggest you might be in the minority.

One might suggest that there's nothing wrong with the disciplinary process itself, other than the fact that the people running it are woefully inept.

As said above, it's the seriousness of the accusation and the potential severity of the punishment in this case that should have ensured this was dealt with sooner.

Do I? In what way? By being unhappy about the way this case has been handled?

In the hysterical, everything's going to hell-in-a-handcart way.

I wasn't suggesting an alternative country's process, the point was about Scotland's, I only really care about our own and it doesn't work very well. If you think it does then I suggest you might be in the minority.

The point was about Scotland in comparison to other countries. If Scotland is exactly the same as everywhere else (or at least not any worse than anywhere else) then this process says nothing about Scotland.

One might suggest that there's nothing wrong with the disciplinary process itself, other than the fact that the people running it are woefully inept.

As said above, it's the seriousness of the accusation and the potential severity of the punishment in this case that should have ensured this was dealt with sooner.

Or you could argue that, given the gravity of the accusation, it's even more important that all the best evidence is available before hearing the case. I wonder if people would be happier if the beaks dispensed with a hearing altogether and just slapped a hefty sanction on Ciftci within a week of the game, just to get it out of the way.

It strikes me that one or more of the witnesses are reluctant to get involved. That puts the authorities in a difficult position and the only proper course of action is to do everything in their power to compel him/them to attend and if that proves to be impossible then the case will eventually be dismissed. We're not at that point yet though and it's still only a few weeks since the incident. People on really serious charges, ie. not the pish and tosh of a football game, often have to wait months or years to be tried. This situation is not at all scandalous, or even particularly noteworthy.

After looking at the stats from Real Madrid v Galatasaray the other night, Gavin Harris was not included amongst the officials who were all Scottish. Neither was ref from Inverness game, Kevin Clancy, the other linesman Douglas Ross or 4th official George Aitken.

OK a little further investigation with the help of our own craigkillie and his @splstats Kevin Clancy was an official at the PSG v Olympiakos game on Wednesday night. An obvious witness in the Ciftci case and was never likely to be at Hampden yesterday. You'd think the SFA could've contacted McNamara and saved him a pointless trip to Hampden?

Behave yourselves. Judicial and quasi-judicial hearings get postponed and adjourned all the time. It's tiresome, perhaps, but it's absolutely the norm and says nothing whatsoever about Scottish football.

Did you finish those legal courses yet?

And how are you today, Banana? If you like I can join in and pretend that this is an unprecedented scandal of epic proportions rather than a tedious administrative blip. I'm sure they're hitting the fucking roof over at United Mad and East Football. No word yet on whether Parliament's getting recalled* but if I hear anything I'll be sure to let you know.

* Yeah, I know,

And how are you today, Banana? If you like I can join in and pretend that this is an unprecedented scandal of epic proportions rather than a tedious administrative blip. I'm sure they're hitting the fucking roof over at United Mad and East Football. No word yet on whether Parliament's getting recalled* but if I hear anything I'll be sure to let you know.

* Yeah, I know,

You're an awfy man. Terrible, even!

Archived