Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yeah, what am I like with that twisted agenda of mine, whereby I think it's not nice to sing in support of the IRA at an airport?

Anyone who criticises Celtic/their supporters has an "agenda", surely you know this by now?

2 minutes ago, mjw said:

You're right you didn't.
You just jumped at a chance to side with the 'green n greys' to score a cheap point.

My apologies.

You'll have to point out where I sided with the green n greys.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yeah, what am I like with that twisted agenda of mine, whereby I think it's not nice to sing in support of the IRA at an airport?

Just a bit of craic.....

33 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The irony is that it was suggested on here that only those on 'the other side' object to the sectarian stuff; while in reality, they're the only ones defending it.

Yet you are the one that opened the can of worms,flower of Scotland, god save the queen,up to your knees in green blood or IRA songs or the famine song have all got offensive lyrics in them.
Personally i don't get offended by any lyrics from any songs .

5 hours ago, Tartantony said:

What's funny is that no-one has said only those on the other side object to it and no-one is defending anything. It was suggested that those most offended by it are likely bigots themselves. Not like you to twist things to suit your own agenda though

"If you object to bigotry then you're a bigot" is an original defence.  Not one anyone with even an ounce of sense would use but certainly original.  How far do you take it?  If you object to racism are you a racist?

"If you object to bigotry then you're a bigot" is an original defence.  Not one anyone with even an ounce of sense would use but certainly original.  How far do you take it?  If you object to racism are you a racist?

No one said that, twist it whatever way you like but normal people are offended by bigots, though most just leave them to it and get on with living a normal life. What I was saying was that the ones who shout loudest against the bigots on one side of the divide are usually the most bigoted from the other side. It’s something I’ve noticed for a while and nothing I have seen has changed that view. People who don’t complain about it are people who don’t care about it.

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

No one said that, twist it whatever way you like but normal people are offended by bigots, though most just leave them to it and get on with living a normal life. What I was saying was that the ones who shout loudest against the bigots on one side of the divide are usually the most bigoted from the other side. It’s something I’ve noticed for a while and nothing I have seen has changed that view.

So we deal with bigotry by maybe tutting then forgetting about it?  Anything more makes you a bigot?

So we deal with bigotry by maybe tutting then forgetting about it?  Anything more makes you a bigot?

I'm not giving a view on how to deal with it, in sharing an observation. If someone wants to tackle it then more power to them but the majority of the population wouldn't get involved. Myself included, a few arguments on fb is about the extent of my stand against it. But I have noticed that there is not reasoning with these people, bigotry is inbred imo

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I'm not giving a view on how to deal with it, in sharing an observation. If someone wants to tackle it then more power to them but the majority of the population wouldn't get involved. Myself included, a few arguments on fb is about the extent of my stand against it. But I have noticed that there is not reasoning with these people, bigotry is inbred imo

But you are.  You've clearly stated that if you show any strong objection to it then you're a bigot.

But you are.  You've clearly stated that if you show any strong objection to it then you're a bigot.

I have friends from both sides and some are bigots. What I have noticed is that when one posts a bigoted view or clip etc, the people who shout him down the loudest are usually the bigots from the other side. Most people just ignore it and leave them to it. Am I not making this clear cause it plain as day in my head?

He's not said that at all. The original comment from Booker was that generally the people who are genuinely offended by it are themselves bigots.

Objecting to it and being genuinely offended by it are completely different things. If someone is bigoted against another then I would likely object to it but I wouldn't be offended by the person because I wouldn't really give a f**k.

Now it may well be the case that there are people who are not bigots and get offended by it, the comments above by me Drew and Booker are not saying it's a 100% scientific law but just in our experiences we find that quite often this is the case.