Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Quentin Taranbino

A million miles from anything I'd normally watch if Joss Whedon wasn't involved. But he is and I enjoyed it, but it's not great. Considering the pilots for Buffy and Firefly this is well away from that league but it had Joss touches that will keep me interested. I liked the scientists

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A million miles from anything I'd normally watch if Joss Whedon wasn't involved. But he is and I enjoyed it, but it's not great. Considering the pilots for Buffy and Firefly this is well away from that league but it had Joss touches that will keep me interested. I liked the scientists

I'm sure I read somewhere that it's Jed Whedon who's doing most of the writing but Joss had to do a bit of rewriting.

You could tell Joss wrote the pilot as it was like a Joss Whedon show. Not sure if the second episode was written by him but I doubt it as it was a pale imitation of a Joss written episode.

I watched the pilot. The second episode is taped but I haven't watched it yet. This is usually a bad sign - if I go weeks and it's still unwatched, then my brain is telling me something.

Struck me like an imitation of Heroes or Alphas.

When Ward was walking around with the glasses, he would have to have been looking up (with head tilted up) all the time to avoid seeing his white hands

They mention that, think Skye says it when they're in the car before he leaves (she says "man hands" rather than white hands but the point is the same.

They mention that, think Skye says it when they're in the car before he leaves (she says "man hands" rather than white hands but the point is the same.

Try it yourself. Even when looking straight ahead, you'll often see you hands unless you have them in your pockets or at your sides.

Try it yourself. Even when looking straight ahead, you'll often see you hands unless you have them in your pockets or at your sides.

the handler isnt focused on trivial things like the persons hands though, he is focused on the task at hand

my guess anyway, still it was a good episode again,

the handler isnt focused on trivial things like the persons hands though, he is focused on the task at hand

my guess anyway, still it was a good episode again,

Except it's not trivial at all. If he saw it, he'd know it wasn't handler, meaning their security was breached, putting the handler at risk of being terminated as well.

But aye, was a good episode. Really enjoying this series.

Loving this. Caught up with all the episodes today. Found it so watchable, weird to think the actress who plays Skye is only 21, she's younger than me FFS, just mind.

I'm enjoying it too. I hope it starts to focus more on one person/organisation as an opposing force to SHIELD rather than what seems to be a different one every week - that sort of "case of the week" show is near saturation with the CSI shows and whatnot. I'd hate to think they were just riding that bandwagon but adding in the comics part to get another piece of the pie.

Coulson, May and FitzSimmons are good, Ward is pretty awful and Skye is alright (though she's getting a bit too much of the focus for my liking).

I'll certainly give it to the end of the season and see what's transpired by then.

I'm enjoying it too. I hope it starts to focus more on one person/organisation as an opposing force to SHIELD rather than what seems to be a different one every week - that sort of "case of the week" show is near saturation with the CSI shows and whatnot. I'd hate to think they were just riding that bandwagon but adding in the comics part to get another piece of the pie.

Coulson, May and FitzSimmons are good, Ward is pretty awful and Skye is alright (though she's getting a bit too much of the focus for my liking).

I'll certainly give it to the end of the season and see what's transpired by then.

If an earlier episode is any indication then we'll have our seasonal bad guy soon, can see it going the way of buffy with a season story arc but loads of weekly episodes tied in as well

Archived