Should Weed Be Legal?

Should weed in the UK be...  

572 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are loads of reasons it should be legalized.

There are very few, valid reasons it should remain prohibited.

Here's one for the conspiracy theorists:

Quite a few on here admit to smoking weed. These are the folk who actually know the effects of it, and the folk who actually know how much of a threat to society they are when stoned!

Do you ever wonder what bollocks the Police chiefs put to the government?

If weed was legalized there'd be no fines for possession to put money in the Police's kitty.

If weed was legalized there'd be less dealer busts and cannabis farm raids that make their arrest and crime-fighting figures look better than they actually are.

If weed was legalized it would likely see a lot less situations and arrests for drunken misdemeanors as many would get stoned, chill out and behave.

Less drunken arseholes would surely, eventually see a reduction of Police as less would be required.

So are the cops guilty of exaggerating or dwelling on the minor risks & dangers of weed for their own financial gain and to make sure there's always 'jobs-for-the-boys??'

Sometimes I get stoned and wonder :D

I think the general feeling amongst police chiefs is towards legalisation/decriminalisation. I've certainly seen more of them call for that over harsher penalties.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1106/485090-cannabis-dail/

Ireland knock back the motion to legalise cannabis.

"Ms Mulherin described calls for cannabis regulation as "self-indulgence disguised as concern for the ill or the economy".

She's clearly researched the subject.

To be fair, pretty much everyone in that article makes a moronic comment. Even the guy who raised the bill did so for totally the wrong reason.

Independent TD John Halligan said the illegal drugs trade makes up 8% of world trade and that he cannot support the legalisation aspect of the motion.

Your position makes no sense, John.

This song argues the case for legalization perfectly in perspective to what the real problems are caused by.

That is a horrific track, absolutely classist and horrible.

I'm all for legalizing weed, particularly if we can spend the taxex generated on suppressing all recordings of this song.

It's just a marketing ploy, really. Those advocating the war on drugs are very keen to point out that all marijuana consumed in the UK is the major ultra potent skunk that is nothing like the free love weed we all smoked back in the 60s, so they definitely deserve 5 years in prison.

Didnt have you down as a smoker smurph.

Good lad!

Of course. All the #dece lads do it. No, seriously though, it's great. Prefer it to drinking tbh.

Blu-cheese just now. Supposedly like blue cheese but better. "The HD version" I've been told. Not on Leafly though.

• 4 weeks later...

Ketamine up to class B, 9 people died from it in the UK last year.

How many dead from tobacco and alcohol?

Good to see the government will accept this scientific recommendation now that it suits them. Of course the drugs advisory council are completely impartial and don't have the fear of being sacked for putting forward scientific evidence showing any drugs should be reclassified down or legal. No way would that happen. Nutt.

It's an ever interesting proposition, the governments drug experts (nameless, of course) suggest that because a drug is harmful increasing the length of the prison sentence served by users will, um, definitely help. Because then they will go to prisons where they have ready access to drugs, and nothing to do with their time. Oh and it will ruin their life and future employment prospects. We're doing it all for their health of course!

I watched that Stacey Dooley documentary on drugs recently, och she was an idiot, but anyway it featured a young guy who took excessive amounts of ketamine and had to have his bladder removed. I don't know if anyone ever tells kids this, but if you take anything excessively you will be harmed. And if you're out on ketamine every night then of course it's going to affect you, it would severely affect my health if I was out drinking excessively every day.