Should Weed Be Legal?

Should weed in the UK be...  

572 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I vividly remember seeing 2 middle aged men in a wetherspoons in dundee ordering a pint and a vodka each at half 8 in the morning and it was such a positive thing to experience. It made me realise that no matter how low I've gotten or how fed up with life I've ever felt that there were at least 2 scumbags that were significantly worse off than me.

19 minutes ago, Crroma said:

I vividly remember seeing 2 middle aged men in a wetherspoons in dundee ordering a pint and a vodka each at half 8 in the morning and it was such a positive thing to experience. It made me realise that no matter how low I've gotten or how fed up with life I've ever felt that there were at least 2 scumbags that were significantly worse off than me.

I think this says more about you than them to be honest.

19 hours ago, Crroma said:

You were still in Wetherspoons at 8.30.

4 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

I have been monitoring my blood pressure recently as the Doc deemed it high.  Up in the 170s+.  Stayed off the booze and it dropped lower, down to the 150s.  Smoked a couple of joints and it went into the 120s, back to normal.  Don't know why but it did. 

Pretty balanced article on that here - https://www.leafly.com/news/health/cannabis-high-blood-pressure-hypertension

Better studies need to be carried out to identify the link, but it does seem to have an effect on blood pressure. For me the biggest thing medically about cannabis is the ability to completly stop seizures. There's a video doing the rounds of a wee boy having one and about 30 seconds after his parent drops cannabis liquid in his mouth he's stopped. Anyone who thinks that shouldn't be available to people is an evil c**t.

You were correct to call me an irresponsible drinker.  I have cut back a lot on the alcohol now, I have a couple of spliffs instead.  What a difference, I feel brilliant in the morning. 

I don’t disagree that alcohol is more harmful than weed but your argument was based on the fact that you constantly drank irresponsibly and it was as if this wasn’t your fault. I drink irresponsibly quite often, I don’t feel particularly bad for it though which is why I keep doing it!

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

I don’t disagree that alcohol is more harmful than weed but your argument was based on the fact that you constantly drank irresponsibly and it was as if this wasn’t your fault. I drink irresponsibly quite often, I don’t feel particularly bad for it though which is why I keep doing it!

Slainte brother.

Stop smoking nasty solid and get on the herbal!

Sativa strains can be an upper as they are the strains which will get you ‘high’. Indica strains are your downer and the strains where you’d be more likely to describe yourself as ‘stoned’.

• 3 months later...

Weed has been legal in Canada for three days now and so far the country hasn't fallen apart. Just like alcohol, weed will be sold by a company run by the provincial government (in Ontario at least), I believe they won't have an physical retail locations until 2020 but have an online store up and running which delivers to your door, providing someone over 19 can accept the package. The biggest concern at the moment seems to the threat of Canada Post going on strike and people not getting their orders. Even though it is now fully legal in Canada, I would still prefer not to look at the OCS website while at work, I think it will take sometime yet for a lot of people to openly admit they use weed

26 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Weed has been legal in Canada for three days now and so far the country hasn't fallen apart. Just like alcohol, weed will be sold by a company run by the provincial government (in Ontario at least), I believe they won't have an physical retail locations until 2020 but have an online store up and running which delivers to your door, providing someone over 19 can  figure out how to open both the internal and outer screen doors, - hinged in opposite directions, - to accept the package, then remember their name to sign for it and finally to actually take it indoors, rather than just handing it back to the courier and waving him a cheery goodbye...

FTFY

Edited by Herman Hessian

Weed has been legal in Canada for three days now and so far the country hasn't fallen apart. Just like alcohol, weed will be sold by a company run by the provincial government (in Ontario at least), I believe they won't have an physical retail locations until 2020 but have an online store up and running which delivers to your door, providing someone over 19 can accept the package. The biggest concern at the moment seems to the threat of Canada Post going on strike and people not getting their orders. Even though it is now fully legal in Canada, I would still prefer not to look at the OCS website while at work, I think it will take sometime yet for a lot of people to openly admit they use weed

In the news today that they’re running out already with many places closed because they’ve none left.

I fucking hate the dickheads running our country for not jumping on the legal weed bandwagon. The financial figures coming out of the USA since certain states legalised it are incredible.

3 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

FTFY

Thankfully for them, Canada Post never seem to deliver anytime for mid afternoon at least 

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

In the news today that they’re running out already with many places closed because they’ve none left.

I fucking hate the dickheads running our country for not jumping on the legal weed bandwagon. The financial figures coming out of the USA since certain states legalised it are incredible.

Much like alcohol, the province will tax the f**k out of it and make a tidy profit, otherwise they never would have legalised it. Justin Trudeau is a bit of cock but this is at least one pre-election promise he has actually followed through on, unlike his promises to improve job training and indigenous rights etc

• 3 weeks later...

I do enjoy a wee smoke now and again but I've no longer got any contacts, feel free to PM me if anyone knows a man who can in the Glasgow southside area. It's a pain in the arse getting older and having an ever decreasing social circle.

Unfortunately doesn't look like we'll ever see it getting legalised here.

• 2 months later...
On 09/11/2018 at 18:27, Tommy Nooka said:

Unfortunately doesn't look like we'll ever see it getting legalised here.

Yes we will. The discussion is now reaching mainstream in the UK and once the facts are in front of people it becomes hard to argue against legalisation, unless you're a complete c**t (otherwise known as "a Tory").