The East Fife Thread

The close season seems to get shorter each year.  No time at all since the Championship winning game at Broadwood.

Will be interesting to see how the new players fit in and especially how the strike force, minus Fash and Insall ,get on .

Just to remind everyone that the kick-off v Spartans is 2pm.

gibbons was fine in the championship with us, the whole cowdenbeath team were a disaster last season so i wouldnt read too much into his spell there. he was previously captain of aberdeen u20s when they won the league in 14-15

he won't be signing for us

IIRC he played for the Dumbarton team that relegated Airdrie in the play off final. I think he played out wide and had a couple of very good games.

I may be wrong though

He can genuinely play well anywhere.

Centre half, RB, central midfield, out wide LM/RM or upfront. Played upfront when he was younger but after he moved he signed and played for Dumbarton at RB and CH.

Played central midfield against us, played out wide and uptop for Morton.

gibbons was fine in the championship with us, the whole cowdenbeath team were a disaster last season so i wouldnt read too much into his spell there. he was previously captain of aberdeen u20s when they won the league in 14-15

Even though the whole Cowden team was a disaster I can confirm that Gibbons stood out as awful.  Poor first touch, poor tackling and shite passing. That's nothing to do with the rest of the team being a disaster that's down to his ability.

I wouldn't wish Gibbons on any team!

New Players Signed

29 June 2016

We are delighted to announce that Scott Robinson and Anthony Wallace have become the latest additions to our squad for the season ahead. The capture of the two midfield players takes our summer signings to 6 and Manager Gary Naysmith had this to say about our latest recruits - " I am delighted to add both Scott and Tony to the squad for the season ahead. Both are primarily central midfield players and both have different attributes to the midfielders we already have in the squad and will provide real competition in the centre of the park along with Pat Slattery and Chris Kane. Scott is someone who our fans will probably know a bit about. He has played over 100 games for Hearts and Kilmarnock in recent years and although he is still only 24, he comes with a lot of top flight experience. He is someone who likes to put his foot on the ball and control games. His career has been a bit stop start in the last 2 seasons but in 2013/14, he made 41 appearances for Hearts. I am delighted that he has chosen us to get his career back on track.

Tony is someone who we had an interest in last season but by the time we made our move, he had already committed to signing for Nairn in the highland league. He had played at a decent level with Dumbarton and Morton before his move north and at 25, he is someone who has a real physical presence in the middle of the pitch. He is around 6"2 and is someone who likes to get forward and support the attack. He is another player who is comfortable on the ball and I am sure both players will be good additions to the squad.

That takes our squad up to 18 players and I am more than happy with the transfer business that we have done in the summer window. We are always looking to improve the squad and will continue to keep our eyes open incase someone comes up who we feel is the right type of player for us, but as things stand, I am more than happy to go into the season ahead with this current group of players".

Gary Naysmith - Manager