The East Fife Thread

2 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Prior to yesterdays game,I was in the company of 2 shareholders and the topic came up about the clubs finances.

1 shareholder said that the clubs AGM had been held and that for the year ended 31 May 2016, the club had made a small profit of about £1000 . If true , this is fantastic news.

Meanwhile the other shareholder said that he had received no notification of the AGM.

Anyone know what the correct situation is?

I've got a few shares and got an e-mail with the annual statement. I think the profit for the year was something like £800. Pretty excellent achievement considering we won the league.

Can't remember if I got any notification about the AGM. Would have been an e-mail and I'd probably just have ignored it tbh.

I've got a few shares and got an e-mail with the annual statement. I think the profit for the year was something like £800. Pretty excellent achievement considering we won the league.

Can't remember if I got any notification about the AGM. Would have been an e-mail and I'd probably just have ignored it tbh.

Far from me to pee in your puddle but with winning the League last season, the slightly higher prize money & the higher attendances that came through the gates nearer the end of the season (compared to previous season) also add in the money received for selling Austin then the size of this profit is very worrying

Far from me to pee in your puddle but with winning the League last season, the slightly higher prize money & the higher attendances that came through the gates nearer the end of the season (compared to previous season) also add in the money received for selling Austin then the size of this profit is very worrying

As you probably don't know the state if the accounts, to return a small profit last year is a remarkable achievement. Clearing the deficit from the previous financial year was high on miraculous

Just to add that losses in previous years to nearest '000 have been 2011 £38 k

2012 £13 k

2013 £41 k

2014 £142 k

2015 £158 k

2016 £899 profit - hoorah!!!!

Great credit to the Board for turning the above losses around and also keeping the club afloat with personal loans.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1483044457.212428.jpg.47e4359c97d621

"Left back James burst onto the scene with a couple of very impressive performances towards the end of the 2015/16 season. On his first team debut, he provided an assist from a corner kick to get his professional football career off to a flying start. The youngster was an almost ever-present in the development squad last season and he’ll be looking to keep impressing for Scott MacKenzie’s side to gain further first team opportunities."

So that's us signed a left- back, straight replacement for Naysmith with Mercer back to RB and releasing Roscoe to move back into the midfield I would think!!!