The East Fife Thread

It's feasible if Gordon was signed until August which would give Pagey time to recover from his operation and injury and also Kane is due a suspension whether it be in the cup or league. Not sure though what Gordon would hope to gain apart from putting himself in the shop window or putting off time until a foreign league starts as I am sure I heard h was looking to go abroad.

Can anyone confirm. A previous poster mentioned about lengths of contracts being announced amongst earlier signings but you surely don't think the board are pulling a fast one do you.

ps my new drone should arrive in the next few days so I can watch EF training.

How long is Wilkie, Page and Smith likely to be out for? Smith has had a dreadful time with injuries whilst at the Fife and Wilkie and Page will need time to regain sharpness/Fitness before they come back from serious injuries so hopefully it's sooner rather than later as I know it's early doors but wee are struggling as Mr Brown would say. Very early doors in season so fingers crossed the team can gel for start of league campaign

Can't comment on the performance today as I wasn't there but the team and especially the subs didn't fill me with optimism.

BUT, before I get accused of being negative the players who are out will definitely strengthen the team and when they and any additional loans get added we'll be ok.

A free weekend for me next week and the game close to my home means I'll be at the Hearts game so looking forward to that.

Peterhead were by far the better team and fully deserved their victory although in fairness Goodfellow had scarcely any saves to make.Fleming , however, had  even fewer to make, given how feckless our forwards were.Duggan tried hard enough but lacked support initially with Mutch and latterly with Wilson.

We played 4 4 2 with Watson and Gordon in central defence and Slattery /Kane in central midfield.Consequently effort but no creativity.Willis showed nothing and quite frankly flattered to deceive.The young St Mirren left winger showed promise.

Defensively I thought we were OK with the Watson and Gordon pairing.

Peterheads goal came from a woefully short back pass by Docherty who was under no pressure whatsoever.

This was the first occasion that I have seen EF this season.You can only play with what you have ,and certainly Page , Smith , and especially Kyle Wilkie would walk into the team.

Having said that , defensively when Page is available- not sure how the manager will set them up as Gordon , Watson , and Kane are all capable of playing in the back 4.

The whole balance of the team seems to be wrong, ok defensively ,but lacking both a creative midfielder and an experienced forward.

Perhaps the time to properly judge is when all the troops are available.

Not much positives to take from this today. Conditions , horrendous, for both teams though. PD were far better, and tried to play decent football. All too often we resorted to a punt into the wind , with the usual result. Far to early to make any real judgement, best to wait until LC is past. Hopefully DY has learned a few things today. #monthefife

Think today with Duggan not getting many chances show we do need another experienced striker to help out when we need to make a replacement up top as Wilson and Mutch are still young prospects

Surely there is someone out there who can help off the bench and provide the experience that we lack with Smith being injured

It was a poor game played in pretty bad weather (f**k summer football) Poor passback cost the goal. We had 7 new players in the team so will need time to gel. We certainly are a big side now at least 7 over 6ft. I thought the defence was ok. I liked that guy Watson he looks the part. Midfield didn't have the best of games and I really hope I'm proved wrong but Willis has never impressed me and he didn't today. Anyway there's always Tuesday onwards and upwards

Updated Squad List, with players numbers!!!

Squad - Season 2017-18

01 - Ryan Goodfellow
02 - Aaron Dunsmore
03 - Mark Docherty
04 - Christopher Kane
05 - Jonathan Page
06 - Craig Watson
07 - Mark Lamont
08 - Patrick Slattery
09 - Christopher Duggan
10 - Kevin Smith
11 - Kyle Wilkie
12 -
14 - Kyle Wilson
15 - Kieran Millar
16 - Benjamin Gordon
17 - Ross Mutch
18 - Darren Young
19 - Nathan Flanagan
20 - Benjamin Reilly
21 - Thomas Cordery
77 - Paul Willis

12 is vacant but is big T-Bone's number from last season, he might be back in it yet!!!

And who the f**k thought letting Willis get number 77 was a good idea???[emoji23]