The East Fife Thread

They've been on sale since last Tuesday!!!

I'd imagine, if they haven't gone, you'll get them up until Friday morning!!!

Who is Ryan Inglis ?

No idea, but we obviously have signed him as you can't play trialists in this League Cup!!!

Think I may have been right about Tony Wallace being retained as our No. 12 as the kid was wearing that number and the strip looked like it was sized for the 6 foot odd T-Bone, the laddie looked about 5 foot 5 and the shorts were rattling around his calves!!! [emoji23]

Pleased with the performance tonight looked solid at the back.

Definitely, I may go as far as to say that Pagey might struggle to get back in!!!

Also as injuries heal and players return, our midfield is only going to get better, still think we look very light up front, unless the Gaffer's plan is to play King Kev as an out and out striker with Duggan, instead of pissing about out wide in midfield, I for one would be okay with that!!!

Definitely, I may go as far as to say that Pagey might struggle to get back in!!!

Also as injuries heal and players return, our midfield is only going to get better, still think we look very light up front, unless the Gaffer's plan is to play King Kev as an out and out striker with Duggan, instead of pissing about out wide in midfield, I for one would be okay with that!!!

Said exactly the same about page, Watson and Gordon look a really good partnership. Was good to see Wilkie warming up tonight also.

25 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

I take it you lot got beat tonight as none of you have the balls to put up the score.  If you got beat then you must be the wee team in Fife. :P:)

Classic. You've got us banged to rights there mate.

Aws2q6D.gif

I take it you lot got beat tonight as none of you have the balls to put up the score.  If you got beat then you must be the wee team in Fife. [emoji14][emoji4]

No we drew 0-0 actually!!!

Let your sausage like fingers randomly batter the keyboard and you may find the cup forum where discussion of the game took place, ya twat!!!

Better asking on the "Group B" Thread in the Domestic Cup Forum, sure some Jambos will help you out!!!

There were a number of positives from last night games. Firstly a clean sheet against a dunfermline team boasting Clark, Cardle, McManus etc is a really good achievement considering they scored 6 on Saturday against Elgin. Mark Docherty looked really strong at left back especially defensively and you can see he is a vocal leader on the pitch, he is clearly still a championship level player so it is a brilliant signing for EF. Although his distribution up the line was poor Dunsmore at RB played well, again defensively he looked sound and won two or three important headers from crosses to the back post with a Dunfermline player lurking behind him especially in the 2nd half. Ben Reilly really impressed as well looking fit, sharp and pacy playing in the central attacking midfield role and with a bit more understanding and composure with Chris Duggan they both should have played the other in during the 2nd half but tried to take on one man to many. In the 2nd half Duggan's hold and link up play was really good but my one concern from the game was the gap between the midfield and Duggan a great deal of the time which left him isolated when he did receive the ball but this has been a recurring problem at Bayview the last 18 months as the different managers have all tended to favour a formation with one man upfront. One final point does anyone know the dimensions of the new pitch? It looked a couple of yards shorter on length and a good 6/7 yards narrower in width although it may just be deceiving looking at the new artifical pitch for the first time. I assume Darren Young as manager would have been consulted and determined what size he would like the pitch to be according to the formation and style of play he sees EF playing this season. 

The new pitch is 100x64m, the old one was 102x66m. The main reason it is smaller is FFTC just couldn't afford the cost of an additional £20k or so. It only looks so small because the whole surface is the same colour, the blaise around the the previous one gave it some perspective. Got really good feedback from the players & officials after the game. It will take 2-3 games to bed in then it will be at its optimum. Don't know why this is in italics!