The East Fife Thread

Are these mistakes Darren’s fault though? I’ve not seen him make a bad pass all season! This is the third tier or Scottish football. The players are playing at this level because they are inconsistent and generally not very good. The manager can’t drop everybody. He just changed the goalie and I’m pretty sure you’ve moaned about both. Do you have a spare set of gloves in your house? 
I think you have massively underestimated the standard of the other teams if you’re expectations were to be comfortably in the play-offs. Raith and Ayr were always going to be battling it out for first and second place. That just leaves a scrap for third and fourth realistically between eight teams. 
Kicking on from last year disappeared when Barry Smith left the club. East Fife are a team in transition and it’s going to take time. I just don’t see the point of you constantly nipping at the manager trying to sway others to your point of view and actually creating a situation where he does come under pressure. 
I’m sure the manager and the players need to do better, but so do you in my opinion. You’re just creating a self fulfilling  prophecy here. Anyway, that’s my rant over.
Do you have any realistic targets you’d like to see the club try and get in? I can’t think of many at this stage of the season.

Here here .. this is after all pretty much the guy Judas Smith had tapped up to join us .. give the gaffer a window to work with at least and also the next few fixtures are what all that matters we are only a few points out of third !!

This. You could run a player like Vaughan or Shankland into a team like East Fife and it would only improve them so much. Similarly with Gordon. We utterly overran East fife in midfield in that 5-0 game. I think we had about 4 goals from crosses where their fullbacks were roasted. 

Not quite sure what the point is you're trying to make here, Gordon played in the 5-0 game (and was shit)!!!

Ben Gordon has either been very good, or decent with every club he’s been at, with the exception of East Fife.

There could be numerous reasons for why it didn’t work out for him there, attitude, fitness, personal issues, a decline in ability, being in Methil, etc.

The fact of the matter is though, he was seen at the time, by anyone who knew anything about lower league football, as a great acquisition by yourselves.

Not quite sure what the point is you're trying to make here, Gordon played in the 5-0 game (and was shit)!!!

He was by far no where near the worst player for you that day.
One player I remember for being absolutely brutal that day played 85 mins for you on Tuesday there as well.

rw89’s post is correct though. Put Shankland or Vaughan in your team and theirs a chance they would struggle.

In that 5-0 game, we were so dominant as you didn’t have a midfield at all to help the back four. You could put any Centre-half in there and they wouldn’t have been able to cope either.

Thanks, King Kebab. I hope that one of the older boys see this post and are able to provide an answer.
As for Kieran Millar, I'm very pleased to hear he's playing well. Always liked him at Stenhousemuir.

Ive been going to bayview for 45 years and i have no idea why we come out to Telstar, TBH i dont remember it playing at old bayview but the sound system was pretty crap so it was hard to hear anything at times

It definitely played at old Bayview. Im sure we played a Dutch team called Telstar, so maybe stems from that,
They used to have East Fife captain's favourite tune played for the teams to come out. This was Jim walkers favourite and it's been played since

Any rumours on who we are looking to sign ? What about our 4 loan signings - are they staying or going back to their clubs ? When are their loan contracts up ? Who is Darren Young trying to move on ?

I notice the fire sale at Stranraer is still on the go with Steven Bell joining Ayr. If Mark Hurst returns to St Johnstone, I’d be delighted if we could sign Cammy Belford as competition for Ryan Goodfellow. We need another striker to work with Chris Duggan. A goal scoring midfielder like Alan Trouten would be great  but no idea where we’ll find one !

On 1/5/2018 at 21:50, Bayviewboy said:

Any rumours on who we are looking to sign ? What about our 4 loan signings - are they staying or going back to their clubs ? When are their loan contracts up ? Who is Darren Young trying to move on ?

I notice the fire sale at Stranraer is still on the go with Steven Bell joining Ayr. If Mark Hurst returns to St Johnstone, I’d be delighted if we could sign Cammy Belford as competition for Ryan Goodfellow. We need another striker to work with Chris Duggan. A goal scoring midfielder like Alan Trouten would be great  but no idea where we’ll find one !

Best of luck lads in getting some fresh faces in.

I still think you guys will be fine, but with respect........ that goal difference column! 

It's clear for all to see where the problem is, defence, more than midfield/attack.

Fair play with the result on Saturday but Young needs to sort out the defence, fast.

Get that sorted and a play off place is very realistic.

28 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Best of luck lads in getting some fresh faces in.

I still think you guys will be fine, but with respect........ that goal difference column! 

It's clear for all to see where the problem is, defence, more than midfield/attack.

Fair play with the result on Saturday but Young needs to sort out the defence, fast.

Get that sorted and a play off place is very realistic.

The problem with that is the manager won't drop any of the defence so maybe has to look at finding wide midfielders that help the fullbacks more as the ones we have are good going forward but don't really offer much help to our defence plus the middle of the park for us the last few games has been poor always giving the ball away plus u could drive a truck through them as shown with raith goal last week 

9 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

I said it before, we don't commit enough fouls in the middle of the park, every other team does, not intentionally, but in an effort to get to the Ball. We never win 2nd balls!

No I agree but I think the players in there will always be managers first choice so don't know how we fix it if he's not willing to make changes as such were good going forward but so easy to breakdown no energy or press and desire to win loose balls etc  

Edited by Hooper