The East Fife Thread

The jury is still out regarding Darren Young and his ability to motivate and get the best out of the players he has on a consistent basis. Looking at our squad, I think we have a very good core of 14 - the starting 11 from today plus, Docherty, Watson & Thomson. It’s fairly obvious that Mutch, Wilson and Willis do not come into the Managers thoughts in terms of the starting line up and they are only likely to get a few minutes on the odd occasion and are unlikely to have a major impact on the game. Any injuries or suspensions further deplete the options available which then means that players who are low on confidence or have lost form will still play. We need another 3 players who are ready to compete for a jersey not just guys to fill the bench. After going out the Cup today and losing the money the Cup Fairy may have given us will make it even more challenging to bring these players in. The lack of consistency will probably cost us a play off spot at the top and if we are not careful we could get dragged down the way. The game against Forfar next week is massive. Lose and they are only 6 points behind. Win and we go 12 points clear. Just hope the players realise that games start at 3.00 as we are too often giving teams a goal of a start.

I think the jury came in a long time ago, we have been losing goals from corners all season long and it's obvious young cant fix it, its also obvious he cant motivate a team, he is also the quietest manager i have ever seen on the touch line just waving his arms about and turning to face the bench when we inevitably shoot our selves in the foot most games, his time is up as far as i am concerned its time for a change

I've only seen us 4 times this season, but based on those performances I am absolutely not surprised by this result. On paper I think we have a squad that's better than the results we're getting, and that alone is enough to start questioning the manger in my opinion.

This has to be the most frustrating group of players that has played for East Fife for a long time. One week you think there is team in there the next your left scratching your head if it’s the same players. They appear just to play when they fancy it,if a team rolls up their sleeves and gets in their faces they come of 2nd best. You can blame the manager for not motivating the players but when they cross the white line it’s up to them to win their individual battles. Surely by now the coaches must have come up with a solution to our failings to deal with crosses. But hey ho the same thing happens nearly every week we concede from a set play or corner. If we can’t match the effort and commitment and desire shown by the opposition then I’m afraid we will lose more than we will win. Very frustrating times for the Fife fans.

Would rather goodfellow in the goals

Do u even watch east fife ? You would rather have a keeper that cost us at least 4 goals a month. And cant keep the ball in play from kicks. Against a decent young goalie who can command his area and can distribute a ball. Arguably goodfellow is a better shot stopper but it's meaningless when, every single team in the league knows yer pish in every other department and lumps it on you at every opportunity. a genuinely have seen more talented keepers on Sunday league. Young has been moaning about an inability to defend set pieces......a huge part of the problem is goodie he looks totally shell shocked every week. He's obviously not at a good enough level physically, cause he looks like a woman waving a handbag at corners.

Not too sure if Mark Hurst has left. He was listed in Saturday's programme as a player as opposed to his brother and Piggott . Moreover the club has yet to announce his departure.

I do not think that Mark has had a particularly good season when compared to last season, but I do think that he commands the box better especially when cross balls/corners are fired in.A glaring weekness this season.

In essence, he is the best keeper we have.

1 thing I did notice on Saturday was how small a team in stature we are.Kane and Paige are OK players at centre half but not exactly ginormous at crossballs.I suspect we got away with it last year because we had Jason Kerr.With Dunsmore suspended for Saturdays game,it would appear that Watson will partner Paige with Kane at right back.The performance in the first half and the attitude shown by the players was pathetic. What made it worse for me was that the players are experienced at this level and still failed to perform .

I'm sure that there will be comings and goings this week although January is not exactly the best month to really get in who you want.Each or us will have differing ideas on which areas of the team need strengthening. Ultimately it will be the managers decision.

What is not in doubt is that we need to beat Forfar.

Wonder if Liam or Angus could let us know the club's position on colts teams on here to save me emailing and sharing the response? It'd be good to hear what the board are thinking on it, even though we're not in League 2. It's an absolutely awful idea and I pray to God it doesn't go ahead.

Wasn't discussed at the last board meeting as as far as I am aware League 1 clubs haven't been asked for their views. I can give you my personal opinion though, a categoric NO! This is not for the benefit of Scottish football it's for the benefit of the Premiership clubs mainly the Old Firm. They do not give a flying fig about anyone or anything but themselves

Wasn't discussed at the last board meeting as as far as I am aware League 1 clubs haven't been asked for their views. I can give you my personal opinion though, a categoric NO! This is not for the benefit of Scottish football it's for the benefit of the Premiership clubs mainly the Old Firm. They do not give a flying fig about anyone or anything but themselves

I'm not sure all clubs have actually been asked yet, it's just I think the league 2 clubs have been posting what I guess are the initial proposals. Hope to Christ if we are asked we reject it.