The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, Tom Hagen said:

IMG_4444.jpg
1 of the best highlight packages in the country & great work by those who do it but EFTV “is running at a loss “ & relies “heavily on financial input from the club “
Not having a dig at anyone involved but wouldn’t it be better to have a more basic TV service that’s more cost effective.

Alternatively, someone like me who doesn't get to many games and when I do it tends to be away ones in Glasgow, would happily contribute a tenner to the running costs!

EFTV is excellent, it's arguably the best highlights service in the lower leagues. It would be a goddamn shame to see it go under.

As "Tom Hagen" above me writes, would it not be more straightforward to reduce the service to a basic highlights package? How many people are actually streaming the games?

EFTV runs at a loss because we don’t charge anything for viewing (except EFTV Live).

Lowering the quality of our output wouldn’t save much as someone still needs to do the filming & editing & there’s software costs.

More half of the people who took part in the survey said they wouldn’t pay a monthly subscription with just under 40% saying they wouldn’t pay anything!...funnily enough the majority of these were people who wanted more camera angles, live action replays, midweek interviews etc.

We are exploring the option of sponsorship for EFTV but unfortunately unless we start charging it will always run at a loss.

EastFife's principal shareholder Neil Rankine is not interested in East Fife and contributes nothing financially towards the running of the club. EF to him is an investment. Nothing more nothing less. He purchased the land outside the perimetre wall beyond the first 20 metres at a knock down price. The directors used the proceeds of sale to eliminate or at least reduce substantially the debt racked up by Lee Murray. The land was never advertised on the open market . He as owner dictated the price.
That is the back drop against which the directors are operating.
Neil Rankine was last seen in the stand at Dumbarton-surprise surprise-in their play-off game v Alloa.
He does not involve himself with the day to day running of the club, that is the role of the directors, and personally I cannot see how the club  will prosper, as long as the status quo continues.

I totally agree with everything you’ve said.

Would be interesting to see what Rankine actually values the club at ? In my opinion the club lost a huge amount of it character and soul by moving to the docks the club has been ripped out the heart of methil and put into a shady corner in a sub standard arena. But it would be interesting to see what he actually wants for a lump of rusting scrap on land no one actually wants and a football club slowly on the decline, surely his investment is becoming worth less everyday as the ground gets eaten by salt ?

I totally agree with everything you’ve said.

Would be interesting to see what Rankine actually values the club at ? In my opinion the club lost a huge amount of it character and soul by moving to the docks the club has been ripped out the heart of methil and put into a shady corner in a sub standard arena. But it would be interesting to see what he actually wants for a lump of rusting scrap on land no one actually wants and a football club slowly on the decline, surely his investment is becoming worth less everyday as the ground gets eaten by salt ?

You could probably debate the "land no one actually wants" part, isn't the land he is actually after???
He's already bought strips of it and is unwilling to relinquish control of the rest!!!

Squad for Match Day (Minus 58)
???
???, Kane, Page, Linton
???, Slattery, Docherty, ???
Smith, ???
Subs: Young???

You could probably debate the "land no one actually wants" part, isn't the land he is actually after???
He's already bought strips of it and is unwilling to relinquish control of the rest!!!

Maybe he wants it......for what purpose I do not know ? but tbh other than putting solar panels in what other purpose does the land have......the whole estate is waste land with the odd Industrial/office development scattered about that are half empty. I’m lead to believe the mgt building is now no longer in use either. They also can’t get anyone to build the power station. A couldn’t see permission being granted for any form of housing while the Stadium was still there, and the fact it’s an industrial estate.

Maybe he wants it......for what purpose I do not know ? but tbh other than putting solar panels in what other purpose does the land have......the whole estate is waste land with the odd Industrial/office development scattered about that are half empty. I’m lead to believe the mgt building is now no longer in use either. They also can’t get anyone to build the power station. A couldn’t see permission being granted for any form of housing while the Stadium was still there, and the fact it’s an industrial estate.

Agree again, its not a desirable piece of real estate at the moment but I think housing was the idea!!!

But at the moment, he is a man who is purely sitting on an investment and nothing more, it is an investment that he is obviously in no need of immediately selling and also clearly has no interest in developing upon in regards to the Club!!!

Agreed me and a close friend had a discussion about the land situation when it became public knowledge, and the outcome was we reckoned he would rather east fife weren’t there in the long term so he could build some dockland apartment complex.

It’s hard to get fans to buy into the future when there’s no actual vision for the future. This is in my opinion where the rot has set in. Fans have started to walk now, money is tighter than ever for everybody and folk aren’t willing to pay for that dross anymore, and how do u get them back when you’ve openly got no ambition or plan for the next 3-4 years ?

If in 4 years if we are still in league 1 on paper it will be regarded as a success, but will fans put up with another 4 seasons of what we’ve just seen ? No chance.

The club need to becoming out an giving the message that we’re pushing for play offs every year and anything less is a failure. But there not I get the impression from the board that anything except relegation is regarded as a success. If that’s the case another 4 years at the standard of the past 18months, we’ll be destroyed in terms of crowds.

I agree, the Board have done extraordinarily well in stabilising what was a very rocky ship, but I do think that they have now peaked or rather plateaued, we are an established and stable League One side but I feel in order to make that push to move onwards and even better upwards, it is going to take investment and not just of the monetary kind and I don't think the current Board have it in them to provide that themselves!!!

I want to reiterate that this is NOT a criticism of the current Board, as I've already said I think and feel honestly, that they have done a very good and an incredibly hard job in getting us into the position where we are now, especially when you consider how much their hands have been and must be tied in regards to the actual owner of the Club, but they really need some new blood to freshen them up and drive them on, but it would have to be ambitious new blood who also has the wherewithal to invest both time and money to make things move forward!!!

But then we hit the hole in the road again, who is going to invest their own time and money in a brand with an anonymous owner who appears to have an invisible hand and perhaps final say in the dealings of the Club!!!

We can all stomp out feet and moan about the situation and how the Club isn't visibly going anywhere, but until somebody is finally able to rid us of the noose around our necks that is Rankine then we are where we are and we're going to be there for quite a while!!!

59 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I agree, the Board have done extraordinarily well in stabilising what was a very rocky ship, but I do think that they have now peaked or rather plateaued, we are an established and stable League One side but I feel in order to make that push to move onwards and even better upwards, it is going to take investment and not just of the monetary kind and I don't think the current Board have it in them to provide that themselves!!!

I want to reiterate that this is NOT a criticism of the current Board, as I've already said I think and feel honestly, that they have done a very good and an incredibly hard job in getting us into the position where we are now, especially when you consider how much their hands have been and must be tied in regards to the actual owner of the Club, but they really need some new blood to freshen them up and drive them on, but it would have to be ambitious new blood who also has the wherewithal to invest both time and money to make things move forward!!!

But then we hit the hole in the road again, who is going to invest their own time and money in a brand with an anonymous owner who appears to have an invisible hand and perhaps final say in the dealings of the Club!!!

We can all stomp out feet and moan about the situation and how the Club isn't visibly going anywhere, but until somebody is finally able to rid us of the noose around our necks that is Drysdale then we are where we are and we're going to be there for quite a while!!!

Put the bottle down!!!

Put the bottle down!!!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thought I was in the Golf there, fixed now!!!

But aside from that do you agree or disagree with what I said!!!

Squad for Match Day (Minus 57)
???
???, Kane, Page, Linton
???, Slattery, Docherty, ???
Smith, ???
Subs: Young???

From the official site:

We are pleased to announce the appointment of Lindsay Hamilton as our new Goalkeeping Coach.

Lindsay started his playing career at Stenhousemuir in 1982 before going to make over 100 appearances for the Warrior’s. He moved onto Rangers in 1987 before spells at East Stirlingshire, Stirling Albion, Clydebank and Leeds United in the late 80’s. He joined Premier Division side St. Johnstone in 1990 and spent the next couple of years as their number 1 before moving onto Dunfermline in 1992.

After a short spell in Northern Ireland with Portdown, Lindsay signed on at Bayview in 1995. He made 76 appearances over 2 season at East Fife and was part of the team that won promotion to the First Division under Steve Archibald in 1995-96, during which he had 17 shut-outs.

Lindsay left Bayview in 1997 for Queen’s Park before ending his playing career back at Stenhousemuir, retiring at the end of the 1999/2000 season.

Lindsay joins the club from Albion Rovers where he worked with current Manager Darren Young and has previous coaching experience with Airdrie as well as the Scotland Under 17’s Women’s National Team as well as the Under 16s and Under 14s girl’s sides.

Lindsay will be working closely with Darren and Tony as they build a squad for the coming season. Welcome back to Bayview Lindsay!

That's some good news, and a sign of Darren building his own backroom, Lyndsay's predecessor Alec was here under a few managers!!!

Lyndsay was a very popular guy at Old Bayview and had a couple of particularly loud fans who no longer go to games, could this signal the return of Zak and Robbo Snr.???