The East Fife Thread

Dundee United 0-1 East Fife
Aaron Dunsmore (38mins)

And quite frankly it’s no more than we deserve, by far the better team so far this half!!!

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

HT
Dundee United 0-1 East Fife
Well deserved lead, United not having a shot on target till Shanklands long range effort in the 42nd minute!!!
Utd aren’t playing badly, we’re just playing better and they’re getting little joy from our midfield and our defence is pretty solid!!!
Got to keep it up in the 2nd half though as I have no doubt that United are getting a bollocking in the changing room and we be quick off the blocks from kick off!!!
And No.16, who are you and what have you done to Ross Davidson, absolute blinder that boys having so far!!!

Looking forward to my first visit to Tannadice in a long time & the first filming. Always like visiting the 'bigger' clubs / stadia as the gantries tend to be pretty decent. Just need to keep my concentration for 90 mins & I might just capture some decent action!
And you will have a little bit of history now! Brilliant result

Great result for you guys tonight. I didn't think DU were that good. They seem to get worse each season we play them, but unfortunately, we just sit back and accept a defeat every time we play one of the bigger sides instead of taking risks. Although it looks like they will edge the championship, as nobody looks that strong and Shankland will probably make the difference. Good to see smaller teams have a go. Nothing to lose.

In case you didn’t know...

Dundee United 0-2 East Fife

A fully deserved win, we were the better side over the 90 minutes, Utd had slightly more possession but did absolutely nothing with it to trouble us, Hart was imperious in goals today and never looked anything less than fully at ease for the entire match, our defence was solid, United failing to find any weakness to take advantage off, our midfield kept the ball well, continued to retain possession and set up many chances, we played some guid stuff!!!

Should have been three though, other than the officials taking pity on United nobody knows were they produced that offside decision from, Dunsmore, the scorer was nearly in his own half when he started his run to meet the cross???

Anyway don’t feel too bad Arabs, you’re just the latest Championship side DY has cast asunder in the last 9 months, joining Morton, Patrick and QoS on his mantelpiece!!!

Looking forward to the group decider on Saturday!!![emoji23]

That’s one of the best performances I’ve seen in recent years. Team was utterly fantastic from start to finish. Dowds man of the match for myself, gave Reynolds a torrid time and got the assist for both goals. What a game!

MotM surely had to be Davidson, I think that was his best game EVER in an East Fife shirt, he was outstanding!!!

And that is a sentence that I’ll bet has never been made on any Forum anywhere, certainly not by me anyway!!!

ETA - but in saying that Hart made some amazing match winning saves, once United finally worked out in the last 10 minutes where the goals actually were!!!

Brett definitely has a fight on his hands now, to see who gets the gloves next Saturday for the League kickoff!!!

And you will have a little bit of history now! Brilliant result

It certainly was Smuggy and it certainly was no cup tie “smash & grab”, it was fully deserved and the better Team won on the night!!!

MotM surely had to be Davidson, I think that was his best game EVER in an East Fife shirt, he was outstanding!!!And that is a sentence that I’ll bet has never been made on any Forum anywhere, certainly not by me anyway!!!
ETA - but in saying that Hart made some amazing match winning saves, once United finally worked out in the last 10 minutes where the goals actually were!!!
Brett definitely has a fight on his hands now, to see who gets the gloves next Saturday for the League kickoff!!!

Davidson was fantastic totally agree with you, don’t think I remember him losing a 50/50 all night. Just thought Dowds did extremely well against an experienced CB like reynolds (who looked absolutely shocking to me).
Certainly made taking the day off work more worthwhile!!

That’s one of the best performances I’ve seen in recent years. Team was utterly fantastic from start to finish. Dowds man of the match for myself, gave Reynolds a torrid time and got the assist for both goals. What a game!

Agreed- thought he was outstanding!

Mind you- thought the whole team was outstanding tonight....

Thought the whole team were fantastic tonight especially Dunlop. He won absolutely everything and even made a miskick look smooth. Goalkeeper looked solid and Agnew strung everything together. The team looked just as hungry as last year but with little touches of class with the likes of Wallace, Denholm and Duggan. Mon the fife!