The East Fife Thread

8 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

If it’s who I’ve heard you’re signing ‘Premiership quality’ is stretching it a bit now.

This was excellent bait to reel in the two top ‘ITK’ posters to send DMs begging for info. I’ve hit 6 DMs so far. I know f**k all.x

After the recent Aberdeen & Celtic covid transgressions, I had feared the worst for our season start. Good news though with fan attendance being trialled & the news that lower division players wont need to be tested.

Maybe wont be the death of our part-time clubs after all!

Just now, sirscottyoung said:

The podcast this week has definitely been my favourite so far. 

The Willie aitchison stuff is outrageous

The podcast has been absolutely fantastic so far. Mike and Lee have done a tremendous job. Really high production values, great guests and some of the stories have been hilarious.

Between this and EFTV the club really do have an unbelievably high standard of media presence these days.

Stevie’s stories on Shagger were absolutely fantastic. Great to hear how much Steve’s loves the club as well.

Pretty funny hearing how and why he fucking hates Airdrie as well!!![emoji23]

Campbell was a very good player for us and really made the defensive midfield position his own.

The stories about Aitchison were eye opening but he should have been nowhere the managers job anyway. A very bizarre appointment at the time.

Wouldn't expect much more to happen before we know when paying fans will be allowed back in. Guess when we return training we won't be able to use the furlough scheme any longer either? 

Still hope we can get that guy on loan from Killie just before season starts. 

Light at the end of the tunnel though. 

On 26/08/2020 at 11:39, Life on Marrs? said:

Still hope we can get that guy on loan from Killie just before season starts. 

Innes Cameron (20) has played 0 minutes for Kilmarnock this season. 4 games un-used sub & 1 game not in the squad. Kilmarnock have 2 games in the Betfred Cup before the SPFL1 season starts vs. Falkirk & Dunfermline.

Other players to keep an eye on:

Declan Glass (20). 0 minutes for Dundee United. 5 games as an un-used sub. Dundee United’s Betfred games: Brechin, Peterhead, Kelty. I’m sure Declan played more of a midfield role for Cove if I remember right. 

Jamie Gullan (21). 17 minutes for Hibernian. 2 substitute appearances. 3 un-used sub. Betfred games: Brora, Cove & Forfar. 

All three of these players need to be playing regularly and getting decent minutes. If they can’t get game time with the 5 subs rule then they need to be out on loan. I’d imagine all three will feature more in the Betfred games, but I’d prefer any loan signing in for the Betfred games so they are properly inter-grated into the squad before the league games start.

Would think after spending the 1st half of last season at Raith, then being on the fringes at Hibs before the shutdown, coming back to league 1 would be seen as a backward step in Gullan's development, surely Championship would be his destination, if going out again?

That said any of the 3 would be ideal, height might be a priority though. 

It's hard to know what our budget will be before we know when pay-at-the - gate fans can return, & how many. Would also think the corporate numbers will be lower due to social distancing. 

Still, we've another month.