The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, sammytroot said:

The wording should have been "aiming to bring in". As you say, hopefully a centre -half and a left back.

With regard to additional loanees, the club seems to be trying to encourage promotion from the under 20s/21s.

Indeed, which is correct. Any of the loanees should be brought in to improve the squad/start rather than being on the periphery. 

Scott Agnew joins Airdrie. Family/business reasons he left?

Can’t blame him for being given the opportunity to become Assistant Manager at a club closer to home too as I’m sure he is Glasgow area based.

A very good player but was time for a fresh start. Wish him well... just not against us.

On 19/05/2021 at 19:13, monthefife said:

Keeper situation half-sorted out! Thoughts Arbroath fans?

On 19/05/2021 at 19:25, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I wasn’t a fan of Gallacher at all when he was at Sons a few years back in the Championship. Did the lad Brett Long turn down a contract or was he punted? Gallacher is a definite downgrade IMO unless he’s improved a lot since his time with us. McGuigan on the other hand is a solid bit of business and he’s someone I’ve always wanted to see in a Sons shirt.

On 19/05/2021 at 19:36, Mr November said:

I think Gallacher is quite a big downgrade on Brett Long too. Airdrie signed Gallacher in 2018 after his year at Dumbarton and he had a pretty unfortunate start, making a couple of mistakes in the early cup games before getting a season ending injury during the second league game. He never really played for us again until January of the following season where he came into the team and was our first choice after that until the season ended in March. His performances in those games weren't particularly great either, he didn't concede too many goals but he never looked confident and was prone to the odd moment of madness. He's not a bad keeper, I've seen much worse at Airdrie over the last few years, but I certainly don't think he's an improvement on Brett Long. I suppose he keeps ending up getting pretty decent clubs, so there must be something I'm missing. 

I would agree with the above. Gallacher is 'fine' TBH. I think his injury had really effected his confidence by the time he finally started playing for us. He was pretty slow to react, make saves or make decisions which led to some of the mistakes mentioned above. He wasn't a bombscare or anything like that. Just a reasonably solid if unremarkable goalkeeper. Not sure if another season of effectively not playing will have made him any better or worse. 

Cheers for Angew btw. Hope naebody's been tapped up this time ;) 

Not in the same class as Wilkie or Page but could turn out to be a great signing for you guys

What?

You can probably compare Agnew to Wilkie as they play in similar positions and Agnew is streets ahead of Wilkie.

9 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

What?

You can probably compare Agnew to Wilkie as they play in similar positions and Agnew is streets ahead of Wilkie.

Thought I would get a couple of replies from Airdrie fans but didn’t think one of our own would take the bait??????🏌🏻 🏺🪅🎏

2 hours ago, Darkness78 said:

I thought Wilkie was a better player for us than Agnew

Take away Agnew’s penalties and 20yard free kicks and I maybe wouldn’t disagree with you. Hope Agnew lasts a bit longer at Airdrie than either Wilkie or Page!!!!!

5 hours ago, Rbon said:

It's got potential for being a good signing for Airdrie.

Yeh, possibly. Will get a few goals from penalties and 20 yard free kicks but don’t ask him to run far less tackle anyone.

2 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

Think Brett has made a massive mistake swapping us for Peterhead as he will likely end up fighting for the wrong play-offs but good luck to him after a great 3 seasons

Might not have been his choice of course! Still surprised we let him go, even more surprised he hasn't stepped up a level if I'm honest. Hopefully Gallacher/Signing X can prove me wrong.