The East Fife Thread

3 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Is newton a left back? Thats an area we don’t have anyone signed for yet. 

Centre mid converted to left back. I'd definitely be trying to keep him. Good young player that's improving his game and offers some versatility.

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Is newton a left back? Thats an area we don’t have anyone signed for yet. 

You would have to pay some kind of fee for him!!!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

They haven’t announced it yet but two of the three have signed for other Clubs and the other is on the SFPA free agents list!!!

I agree I don’t think we will re-sign all four, but I would hope to retain Walls and Newton but if we don’t we will at least get some compensation for them, Schiavone and Nicol are surplus to requirements and wouldn’t be missed BUT that’s something we could have said about a couple of the guys who have been given contracts today!!!

But for everyone of those four who don’t re-sign that is a wage and a squad place available for Dick to bring someone new in!!!

To have a real challenge to get promotion I believe we need at least 4 players of higher quality . Not  easy at all- we may have to depend on the loan market which  we all know has its pitfalls- - The Campbells though have had success in this market in the past.🤞🤞🤞🤞

Edited by Its not only a game

Someone mention somewhere we are going be 24 man squad at the moment we have 17 players signed up and in my guess players like Rollo, Ramsay, Murray, hambrook isn't getting into this team and should be loaned out freeing up more space to get quality in to improve what we have or have on bench to bring on.

I know loosing newton and walls or both is much of a blow than what's been released and I feel like what's the point trying make a profit from this youth pathway the club brought into if they are moving on but as you think about it we have brought in Peggie at left back, Slattery will pretty much be a squad player/bench wise can cover number positions though and we're pretty much covered at right back with Murdoch and docherty there and have two central defenders in Munro and Easton for me. 

I think another CB, one or two in midfield and maybe 2 forwards we will be done and maybe get a goalie onloan I doubt there's any out there given Gaston away to Stirling so maybe see a club higher up giving us a goalie to compete with Fleming we should be done in terms of numbers and squad I say. So I say 4 or 5 new players is the aim still room to sign up.

Mega disappointed with the club and the fans to a certain degree for accepting this mediocre squad. The bulk of the same team who were beaten at Dunbar earlier this season. Pat and Murdo will be back in the treatment room before beside Fash who is currently our best player. Exact same issue in defence with zero pace and a combined age of around 70. 2 left backs, strikers who don't produce numbers and still no sign of a playmaker who can get behind the opposition midfield. Its just so underwhelming but the fans seem happy enough on the Facebook page. How far have we fallen the last 4 years? Prices still through the roof throughout the club and zero investment on the pitch. We are still nowhere near the likes of Spartans, Peterhead, Stirling and we won't win the playoffs finishing 4th in a poor league. This the worst East Fife side I've seen since 2005 hands down. Dick Campbell absolutely won't stay here for long without backing and that's pretty clear from his interviews. The Q and A later tonight won't be a happy place. 

Were at the foot of Scottish football and nobody seems to care much. No ambition from the club whatsoever and its just excuse after excuse whenever issues are brought up. The club can't even be bothered to promote its history ffs. 

Lowland league within 3 years or less unless something changes. 

I can understand slight frustration at yesterday but I think we're all doing our yearly meltdowns at not having exciting signings and a phenomenal squad ready a few weeks after the season's ended - yesterdays extensions are all fine if we can make 5-6 better signings over the course of the summer so that a decent chunk of who we signed up yesterday form the basis of a good L2 squad rather than our starting 11. Hoping to hear some decent feedback from the Q&A tonight. 

Or perhaps these so called mediocre players will have a full season under good management instead of , firefighters, under last manager.. Who the fcuk are the keyboard warriors  expecting a skint league 2 club to be signing. 

How did Robbie Hamilton get on last season? We had him during the 22/23 campaign. He is/was highly rated at Hibs but looked a bit out his depth/anonymous in his spell with us. He was also a replacement for Kai Fotheringham but barely featured. 

29 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

How did Robbie Hamilton get on last season? We had him during the 22/23 campaign. He is/was highly rated at Hibs but looked a bit out his depth/anonymous in his spell with us. He was also a replacement for Kai Fotheringham but barely featured. 

Showed flashes here and there but ultimately struggled to hold down a place in the team.

4 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

I can understand slight frustration at yesterday but I think we're all doing our yearly meltdowns at not having exciting signings and a phenomenal squad ready a few weeks after the season's ended - yesterdays extensions are all fine if we can make 5-6 better signings over the course of the summer so that a decent chunk of who we signed up yesterday form the basis of a good L2 squad rather than our starting 11. Hoping to hear some decent feedback from the Q&A tonight. 

Yep. Looking at it a but more optimistically, people generally thought we had a squad that could challenge a year ago. Obviously that didn't happen but if we go into next season with largely the same squad, with a few decent additions, and better managed and organised, I don't see why we can't significantly improve on last season.

1 hour ago, flyfifer48 said:

Or perhaps these so called mediocre players will have a full season under good management instead of , firefighters, under last manager.. Who the fcuk are the keyboard warriors  expecting a skint league 2 club to be signing. 

I remember Steve Archibald taking a less than stellar squad and getting it promoted to what is now the Championship.

6 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Showed flashes here and there but ultimately struggled to hold down a place in the team.

Yep. Exact same with us. Danny Denholm was a better option. 

14 hours ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Mega disappointed with the club and the fans to a certain degree for accepting this mediocre squad. The bulk of the same team who were beaten at Dunbar earlier this season. Pat and Murdo will be back in the treatment room before beside Fash who is currently our best player. Exact same issue in defence with zero pace and a combined age of around 70. 2 left backs, strikers who don't produce numbers and still no sign of a playmaker who can get behind the opposition midfield. Its just so underwhelming but the fans seem happy enough on the Facebook page. How far have we fallen the last 4 years? Prices still through the roof throughout the club and zero investment on the pitch. We are still nowhere near the likes of Spartans, Peterhead, Stirling and we won't win the playoffs finishing 4th in a poor league. This the worst East Fife side I've seen since 2005 hands down. Dick Campbell absolutely won't stay here for long without backing and that's pretty clear from his interviews. The Q and A later tonight won't be a happy place. 

Were at the foot of Scottish football and nobody seems to care much. No ambition from the club whatsoever and its just excuse after excuse whenever issues are brought up. The club can't even be bothered to promote its history ffs. 

Lowland league within 3 years or less unless something changes. 

Way too early to have a meltdown.

For me, let’s wait and see where we stand  after we have made signings- loan signings.

I do get though we can only spend what we have…….

I reckon we resign newton and get another centre half in and that will be us defensively staffed up..

midfield does look a bit scarce not a lot of pace in it but it must be hard to attract a good back up striker as everyone will know fash is starting unless injured…. I know people will complain if we let walls go but if we keep him and don’t play him is that a waste of a wage? 

did we find out anything tonight

What we did find out was that there is a lack of Dosh at EF.

There will hopefully be a couple of signings in the next few days.Luke Donnelly was mentioned but he has decided to remain at Alloa .

Club hopeful of re-signing Liam Newton but playing in a more advanced position.Brogan Walls agent thinks he can play at Premier level.EF think he should remain at Bayview and get more game time. Schiavone would appear to be away.Some of the younger players will be put out on loan.

Could well be a 19 year old ,number 1 keeper with Fleming as number 2 .

Very well attended meeting.