The East Fife Thread

4 hours ago, Fifer4Life said:

Hopefully we can hear of a signing or 2 this week with only signed players able to play in the cup games

Or three!!!

Us being favourites for the title seems a bit odd considering last season and the fact we've basically kept the same squad. Not that I think there's a major standout this season right enough, looking like quite a competitive league. Still would have us 2 or 3 starting signings away from being favourites, as above hopefully we'll see that in the next week or two. 

3 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

On holiday-‘didn’t expect that ….. great result .👏👏👏

Wow! 3-0 against Morton, did not see that coming. What a performance, the Fife more than competed all over the park with special mention to the two centre backs, Easton and Munro and of course veteran Alan Trouten whose third goal in particular was a thing of beauty but to be fair every player was immense. Dare I say it, although it was the first competitive game of the season, I think we have the makings of a title chasing team. The guys looked fit and sharp and kept a good shape and could have scored more, what more could you ask. Bring it on, “ Mon the Fife”

He’s on the bench tonight but I hope he still gets a decent run out, he was outstanding preseason!!!

Happy with these performances and if we beat Brechin we'll be in a good position regardless of Saturday's fixtures going into final game of the group. 

4 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Two contracts still abegging!!!

Would love us sign another forward option giving there's only shepherd and Fash up there! running the risk if either them getting injured and either a right back or a centre back would do. There's always the loan market as well we've used 1/5-6 loans so far but your right they will be two contracts freed.

Afternoon all,

I can't emphasise enough how excited I am for it, but I'll be interviewing the gaffer himself Dick Campbell next week, should all go to plan, on my podcast Today Wheelenterview to kick off the new season.

This chat is for you guys and I would love to have you all involved as much as possible. To help me achieve the best possible interview, and to help you bridge the gap between yourselves and the club a little bit more, are there any questions you would like me to ask him or topics you would like me to cover with him during the interview? This has worked a charm in previous interviews getting the fans involved, long may it continue.

Very happy to share the episode when it's ready to go, hopefully be back at Bayview sometime soon this season!

5 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

Afternoon all,

I can't emphasise enough how excited I am for it, but I'll be interviewing the gaffer himself Dick Campbell next week, should all go to plan, on my podcast Today Wheelenterview to kick off the new season.

This chat is for you guys and I would love to have you all involved as much as possible. To help me achieve the best possible interview, and to help you bridge the gap between yourselves and the club a little bit more, are there any questions you would like me to ask him or topics you would like me to cover with him during the interview? This has worked a charm in previous interviews getting the fans involved, long may it continue.

Very happy to share the episode when it's ready to go, hopefully be back at Bayview sometime soon this season!

Is he expecting to bring in any more permanent signings soon or is he waiting on the loan market opening up??

24 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Is he expecting to bring in any more permanent signings soon or is he waiting on the loan market opening up??

Can tell you myself he's had a few guys who he's just missed on, from what he's told me though they're still very much in the market for more players. Loan signings though, I'll make sure to weave that into the chat, quite interested myself to hear his thoughts on loan players as opposed to permanent signings!