The Universe

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/nasa-amazing-announcement-pluto-alan-stern-a6684981.html

"Amazing announcement" about Pluto to be made today, according to Alan Stern.

"Whilst speaking about the latest images of Pluto captured by the New Horizons probe, Stern said: "Nasa won't let me tell you what we're going to tell you on Thursday. It's amazing."

"As reported by The Guardian, Stern said: "This world is alive."

"It has weather, it has hazes in the atmosphere, active geology... Every week I am floored."
Edit to add - Can we ban wisbit from trying to ruin this great thread any further?
Edited by The Moonster

Speaking to someone about that earlier.

The chances of it being alien megastructures are a million to one, he said.

They were talking about it on Radio Scotland at lunchtime. The boffin said it was unlikely but so were all the natural explanations they had come up with so far, so it couldn't be ruled out as yet.

They were talking about it on Radio Scotland at lunchtime. The boffin said it was unlikely but so were all the natural explanations they had come up with so far, so it couldn't be ruled out as yet.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

- Jim Leishman

I'm out of red dots (used them up on the Benefits Sanctions thread), but if I remember tomorrow you'll be receiving one for the use of a brain dead tabloid term.

I make no apologies.

Edited by DA Baracus

I'm out of red dots (used them up on the Benefits Sanctions thread), but if I remember tomorrow you'll be receiving one for the use of a brain dead tabloid term.

I make no apologies.

Do what you must. It was shorthand for Malcom MacDonald, Lecturer in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Strathclyde University.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0359j1f

Nobody.

Not one person got the War of the Worlds reference.

Shame on you all.

I did, alas I was too late though :( Mate used to play the soundtrack constantly

Isn't this an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, when they find scotty crashed on the Dyson sphere?

If it was a Dyson Sphere you wouldn't be able to see the star as it would be inside the sphere.

Going for it being the Unicomplex myself. **** making contact with that

Edited by Antiochas III