Reasons to be Cheerful

I walked out of 2 pubs in newcastle last year, because they didn't have any real ales on tap.

Nothing wrong with going to the pub on your own. Find a nice quiet corner, grab a paper and a pint and just chill out.

I walked out of 2 pubs in newcastle last year, because they didn't have any real ales on tap.

Nothing wrong with going to the pub on your own. Find a nice quiet corner, grab a paper and a pint and just chill out.

Unless the pubs full of c***s who drink real ale.

Arseholes who are 40+ and still dress and act like students tend to drink real ale.

Listen, I might be an arsehole, but I'm not 40+ and I don't dress or act like a student. I do have a beard though, does that count?? Edited by philpy

Heineken is by far and away the best you can get in most pubs. Usually my preferred choice of beer for a carry out too.

I remember a couple of days before payday a few months ago I decided to make my allocated beer funds go as far as possible and drank Carlsberg all night because it was something like £1.90 a pint. Utterly horrifying.

Heineken is by far and away the best you can get in most pubs. Usually my preferred choice of beer for a carry out too.

I remember a couple of days before payday a few months ago I decided to make my allocated beer funds go as far as possible and drank Carlsberg all night because it was something like £1.90 a pint. Utterly horrifying.

You want to try a pint of staropramen.

Guest The Phoenix

Exactly.

Folk thinking Heineken and the likes are actually any good are tasteless buffoons on the whole.

There, I've said it.

Technically, you've written it.

Exactly.

Folk thinking Heineken and the likes are actually any good are tasteless buffoons on the whole.

There, I've said it.

I don't mind a pint of heineken but it's not the best pint available in pubs generally these days. Plenty of better choices out there imo.

Superb beer on tap, especially when you get it in a proper handled glass. I've found that I'll tend to drink most lagers on tap without fuss, except Carling and Carlsberg. Doesn't mean they're the best, but merely acceptable I guess. Given the choice I'd have an IPA or another form of ale if they've got them.

That said 2, 660 bottles of Moretti is only £5.80 uptown in Edinburgh, shame it's a 'spoons.

I had a pint of it once and it was howfing - although I think the pipes were needing cleaned or something because it was genuinely so disgusting I refused to believe it was the beer itself. I'd had it from a bottle before and it was lovely. Edited by ScottR96