Reasons to be Cheerful

This week of the year always cheers me up. For years I worked in a windowless building, and this week was the first time you would leave it at 5pm to go home, and there would still be some sunlight to see.

41 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Lon weekend coming up. Badly needed, been working my baws off.

I’m not sure if this is “long weekend” or, given your home situation, “alone weekend”.

Either way, congratulations.

39 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I’m not sure if this is “long weekend” or, given your home situation, “alone weekend”.

Either way, congratulations.

It is a long weekend. The wife is still off work, still unable to move much. Cannot even dress herself or tie her shoelaces. In pain all the time.

It's like lockdown for me, working from home. 

Mrs B had that as well. Numbness and then tingling in her arms and legs. Then unable to walk up the stairs, lift her legs and was dragging her leg badly. She was unable to dress herself as well. We had to push to get seen by her own doctor (a locum put it down to carpel tunnel) her own doc got her into the vic, an mri later and She went in for surgery at DCN at Edinburgh royal and is on the mend. 

8 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Mrs B had that as well. Numbness and then tingling in her arms and legs. Then unable to walk up the stairs, lift her legs and was dragging her leg badly. She was unable to dress herself as well. We had to push 

Harsh, but fair.

On 06/02/2024 at 07:43, scottsdad said:

Just the two?

I'm stocking up in case they replace them with beef and horseradish again.

My eldest son came round to watch the Aberdeen match last night and my wife handed him one of the bags of crisps to take home. Just back from Aldi with four packets.

Sorry to hear about your wife’s problems.

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

My eldest son came round to watch the Aberdeen match last night and my wife handed him one of the bags of crisps to take home. Just back from Aldi with four packets.

Sorry to hear about your wife’s problems.

the main problem is that she cannot drive to Aldi for me.

Listening to “Powerage” by AC/DC full album for the first time in ages!

LOUD!

f**k my loud neighbours (all of them in this building, who always let the outside door, right beside my apartment, slam, SLAM!!!!, shut every, fucking time.

Lusten to good music you morons.