Reasons to be Cheerful

23 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I'll believe it when I see it. The company that owns it will just go into administration and be wound up leaving the owners to wash their hands of it. If individuals are held to account, they'll do nothing and any action that is then taken against them will be trivial compared to having to rebuild the pub. 

Sat on the boat to the airport. Holiday at an end after four months.

Kind of a strange reason to be cheerful, but I'm looking forward to a couple of filled rolls with brown sauce, a chippy, the pub quiz, not sweating my arse off consistently, draught beer, everyone speaking the same language as me, stovies, watching Thistle, trains, music with a proper chorus, litter bins, potable water, and the general lack of malaria.

Oh, and watching the highlights of Sevco getting fucking pumped.

7 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Sat on the boat to the airport. Holiday at an end after four months.

Kind of a strange reason to be cheerful, but I'm looking forward to a couple of filled rolls with brown sauce, a chippy, the pub quiz, not sweating my arse off consistently, draught beer, everyone speaking the same language as me, stovies, watching Thistle, trains, music with a proper chorus, litter bins, potable water, and the general lack of malaria.

Oh, and watching the highlights of Sevco getting fucking pumped.

... getting by, looking ahead, the day you die. 

image-asset.jpeg

Was invited to review a grant application by the National Science Centre in Poland. I know the principal investigator, so said yes.

Turns out they are going to pay me for this. Works out at about £85.

For British ones they pay hee haw.

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Was invited to review a grant application by the National Science Centre in Poland. I know the principal investigator, so said yes.

Turns out they are going to pay me for this. Works out at about £85.

For British ones they pay hee haw.

Season 2 Jerry GIF by Rick and Morty

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Managed to sneak a 135ml tube of toothpaste through airport security in my carry on. #BadBoy4Lyfe

Assuming "carry on" is a euphemism.

This one felt in equal measure sweet and slightly naughty - 

My wife does dance as a hobby (commercial, jazz, ballet), and is part of a series of shows at The Pleasance theatres. Its actually good fun, lots of different groups, every dance style you could think of from Bangra to Scottish, Irish, Greek, even Pole Dancing !

Anyway, I met a couple of her pals in the bar before and we went up the stairs to queue. 

It was unclear which way the queue went, and one of those mimpy, know it all, face like a cats erse wifies said to me "the end of the queue goes back on itself, up to the doors and comes back down here, you are skipping the queue if you stay here"...........its not like I was looking to steal a march, it was genuinely confusing.

Anyway, we wandered up to where "Karen" had pointed and milled around along with a few other latecomers.

About 30 seconds after we arrived, one of the staff opened the main door.....................and another right in front of us.

Oh My God Wow GIF

There was absolutely nothing we could do as people turned round behind us and kinda pushed us toward the door.

We were about the 2nd people in - ya dancer !

I didnt see the self righteous wifie, but can only imagine her puss.

No Thank You Reaction GIF

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Anyway, I met a couple of her pals in the bar before and we went up the stairs... 

0eabcb41b6d6f0d66c839e7d92ec87181310e50d.jpg

Very niche RTBC, but it's cheered me up.  Got a new phone towards the end of last year (Pixel 8 ) and when connecting it to the car, the info for the song playing would show you the first one and then not change.  So the songs would play fine, but the info and picture etc would just be of the first song played.

Spent fucking ages trying to find out what the issue was and yesterday found some obscure reddit post that suggested changing the AVCRP bluetooth version from the default of 1.5 to 1.3 and it started working.

Even as I'm typing this I realise how fucking dull it is.

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Very niche RTBC, but it's cheered me up.  Got a new phone towards the end of last year (Pixel 8 ) and when connecting it to the car, the info for the song playing would show you the first one and then not change.  So the songs would play fine, but the info and picture etc would just be of the first song played.

Spent fucking ages trying to find out what the issue was and yesterday found some obscure reddit post that suggested changing the AVCRP bluetooth version from the default of 1.5 to 1.3 and it started working.

Petty Reasons to be Cheerful Thread for this pish.

On 07/03/2024 at 08:55, KnightswoodBear said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I have purchased a few football tops from a certain Chinese website and have never had an issue, so I thought f**k it, let's spend a bit more on some more pricey clothing.

Arrived today and absolutely great quality, and at 10% of the retail price.

Delighted.

Over visiting my parents and spent a couple of days hill walking in Glen Coe, Scotland is f**kin beautiful, went to Oban for lunch before heading back to the shire, had scallops and langoustine absolutely delicious, a brilliant couple of days hopefully Killie can get a result on Saturday to round off a lovely trip.

Edited by stevieKTID