Reasons to be Cheerful

I also scored a header tonight, but it was 5s. :)

Diving header??

Mind you I've a habit of scoring belters and then missing open goals. Today was no different, nearly scored with a back flick header too, then missed a one on one, 2 minutes later.

God I just love playing football. :lol:

ball going above head height in small sided games, clearly players of limited ability IMO

I'll agree that you should never be above head height at 5s certainly, but we play 7s on a pretty big pitch and there was only 6 on each team tonight, so space was there for long balls. Not me though, I'm very much a purveyor of 'on the deck football.'

just applied for access to nursing course (in the event that I fail to get a job after this svq I'm doing) :thumsup2

I did the access course too and, to be perfectly honest, if you have even half a brain it feels like a soul-sucking waste of time. However, it's a means to an end so fingers crossed for you! :)

I did the access course too and, to be perfectly honest, if you have even half a brain it feels like a soul-sucking waste of time. However, it's a means to an end so fingers crossed for you! :)

Haha I can imagine it being going over pretty much of the same stuff we are doing for our SVQ,with a little more medical stuff thrown in,as it is Im loving the placement at the mo,and would rather be lucky enough to get a job and go for the nursing through that :)

Diving header??

Mind you I've a habit of scoring belters and then missing open goals. Today was no different, nearly scored with a back flick header too, then missed a one on one, 2 minutes later.

God I just love playing football. :lol:

K.Thacker scored a backheel in Glasgow Area 7's once. We'd all have been as well going up the road straight after.

K.Thacker scored a backheel in Glasgow Area 7's once. We'd all have been as well going up the road straight after.

Backheels aren't as rare as headers at 7s, at least not with me. I nearly put an overhead kick in the top corner once, I think I'd probably have given up and just said I'll never beat that!

I scored a header in 7 consecutive Scotstoun Area 7's (some with boys from uni, others with P&Bers). In the 8th game I hit the bar from about 3 inches out. For me, headed goals are second only to screamers in off the bar.

Last nightshift done. Chilling with a cold beer, some FIFA and Big Country playing in the background. Magic!

I finish today at 2 after a week of dayshift then im doing a nightshift cover from 10 to 10 on Saturday night before starting at 8am on Monday. My bodyclock is going to be fucked.

Reason to be Uncheerful.

I finish today at 2 after a week of dayshift then im doing a nightshift cover from 10 to 10 on Saturday night before starting at 8am on Monday. My bodyclock is going to be fucked.

Reason to be Uncheerful.

Sare yin pal. Absolutely despise shift work but needs must!