Reasons to be Cheerful

I prefer it. It was only £30 dearer than half board for the week as well. I'll make that up in day 1.

Each to their own, but one day of sitting round the pool drinking the hotel's local lager and eating their buffet food is more than enough for me, so inevitably I don't get the benefit of the all inclusive.

Each to their own, but one day of sitting round the pool drinking the hotel's local lager and eating their buffet food is more than enough for me, so inevitably I don't get the benefit of the all inclusive.

I'm the same. I hate being confined to certain places to eat/drink etc, much prefer going about and finding places myself.

Costa Adeje. All inclusive too so I don't think I'll leave the hotel much.

Adeje is excellent we stayed at The Costa Adeje Gran Hotel a couple of years ago and loved it.

Go down to the beach though as it is stunning and most bars have beer at 1 euro a pint during the day.

Also would recommend Adeje, i was expecting it to be a bit of a hell hole and was very pleasantly surprised.

Pints of Dorado for a euro and the best water park I've been to also helped. As keithy says the beach is decent as well.

Heading to Las Americas in August, not that fussed for all inclusive either. Prefer to go out and enjoy my holiday rather than stay at the hotel. But each to their own.

Harry's Bar most nights followed by a pick of the restaurants at the Safari Centre. Staying at the cleopatra palace hotel opposite the Safari. Can't wait. A house move before that as well in June/July. Exciting times. Until then though, work day after day after day...meh.

As of 4.30pm today I'm off until the 26th. #Pleasing

I'm also drinking on a Saturday and Sunday night for the first time in about a decade this weekend.

I'm also drinking on a Saturday and Sunday night for the first time in about a decade this weekend.

A great feeling - drinking a beer after abstaining for a while. Although you'll be tipsy after the first half pint.