SJC's Boat Thread

Really? You could get properly rat arsed and still legally sail?

I've done a 'boys' barge holiday, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to get properly bat faced but we did get more than a little squiffy at times (as you can imagine) and we did batter into a moored boat which fortunately was empty at the time. We checked for damage and vamoosed sharpish. There is a canal etiquette as well, and I'm pretty sure we were reported for being ball bagged although with hindsight it may have been an empty threat. :lol: The barges can only do about 4 miles an hour so you should have plenty time to avoid each other in theory, although......

3964297-0299694785-Austi.gif

Not at all but very surprised there is no law forbidding boozed up barging. :o

It's not really been a problem amongst the canal boating pretagonists over the last 200 odd years..... Edited by sjc

Fair dooz! Fantastic lack of laws and no H&S spoiling things either. Must invest in a barge.

Have you ever had it through to Falkirk and over the Falkirk Wheel?

Yeh....I got it delivered to Grangemouth from Nottingham where it got craned into the river Carron. I then had to sail her upstream and in to the canal basin at the "sea lock".

The following Saturday I sailed her from the basin to Linlithgow through 27 locks including the Falkirk wheel. The next Saturday I sailed her to Edinburgh.

• 2 weeks later...

That looks lovely man. :)

Cheers mate :) looking forward to the end of next week when the joiners will have finished the bulk of the works.

That'll just leave the plumbing & electrical final fix as well as the bespoke furniture to install.......the livery & engine service are sheduled for the end of the month.