Les Revenants

Christophe

Loved the final episode which has left us with lots of possibilities for second series

How long can the living survive at The Helping Hand?

Will the Horde manage to capture pregnant Adele?

Who/what is Lucy?

What will happen to Camille's mother amongst the Horde? Is Julie one of the dead?

For me the wee boy who played Victor was absolutely brilliant and the only problem the producers will have for Series 2 is that he should still be the same age but he will be a couple of years older and will probably be taller/more mature looking. A real shame if they end up recasting the character.

To be honest I'm not sure they will even go back to the same location and characters for the second series. The main dead characters featured (Victor, Camille, Serge, Simon) got resolution to a certain extent around the main issues surrouding there deaths e.g. Victor found his fairy, Camille and Lena made up despite Lena's teenage betrayal of Camille with the lad they both fancied at the time, Adele now knows that Simon didn't kill himself because of her/ the pregnancy given his devotion to them on his return.

While it might be frustrating for some I quite enjoy when film/ tv leaves open questions and gets you thinking and caring for the fate of characters.

I also thought it was a neat conclusion with 'the horde' in affect saving a group of people from the same fate as themselves. Very much a subversion of the usual zombie/ human stand-off we see.

Final word has to go to say what a marvellous character Victor was. The ability to switch from child like to creepy was fantastic. It's also a very good piece of characterisation with both a childs need to be cared for and a childs ability to be hurtful when angry, then added in to the mix the power of the dead.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having just watched the finale, the term "style over substance" springs to mind. This isn't a bad thing. The cast,settings, cinematography and soundtrack are absolutely superb, to such an extent that the story is secondary. Obviously they're making it up as they go along but with music and visuals this good i can live with that.

I decided to see what the fuss was all about and ended up blitzing through the show in two nights comfortably. I really love just about everything about it, the cinematic shots, the soundtrack (which has had me listening to Mogwai all morning) and characterisation of the show in general.

I also love how everyone's stories converge into one anothers no matter how subtle, be it Pierre and Viktor or Celine and Serge, it seems like everyone is connected like the string theories of a conspiracy that is the theme for the show.

Of course the big end game still is the extreme curiosity that they might all be trapped in the town (or at least the dead are judging by all things) and that it almost has a feel of a gothic purgatory about the town that some of the previous loved ones meeting together bring an incredibly sentimental investment in the relationships, let alone what caused it all in the first place.

There is still the matter of going into the detail of what the herd will bring to the table in the second season but I'm hoping the characters all just as intriguing as the ones we already know.

I used to be so reluctant when it came to subtitled foreign shows but really was fantastic television shows like this show that continental TV/films are certainly holding their own these days.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From reading some of the previous, I take it that this is much better than the US remake? I watched a few episodes of the US version and gave up on it.

This is still going. They cancelled the American version. That pretty much answers your question :)

Bearing in mind the first series of this finished about 2 years ago I thought it was a bit stupid not having a recap of what previously happened on the show!!! I can barely remember who everyone is and what happened to everyone at the end of the first series!!

Bearing in mind the first series of this finished about 2 years ago I thought it was a bit stupid not having a recap of what previously happened on the show!!! I can barely remember who everyone is and what happened to everyone at the end of the first series!!

Glad I'm not alone. Some of its coming back to me as each episode passes - wished I'd rewatched series 1 before it was removed from All4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived