Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

I’m quite gutted at TB’s passing.  More then I expected to be since we’ve known for some time it would likely happen.  He’s not everyone’s cup of tea and there was drama about issues I have little interest in.  But his coverage of games was fantastic.  His focus was on the paying consumer and he gave great coverage to small indie developers.

Watching him fight this long cancer battle with its ups and downs was heartbreaking and I can’t imagine what it was like for his wife and his parents.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Mr X said:

The steam link is only £2 :o

I paid £10 for a second hand one a couple of weeks ago!

Seeing the reviews and compatibility issues, I still couldn't bring myself to click Purchase.

Valve last ditch attempt to get this to take off and move warehouse-clogging stock, imo

2 minutes ago, banana said:

Seeing the reviews and compatibility issues, I still couldn't bring myself to click Purchase.

Valve last ditch attempt to get this to take off and move warehouse-clogging stock, imo

What compatibility issues? Its worked fine for me so far. I've streamed Fallout 4 and NV along with some other older games. Connected a wired and wireless 360 controller and a PS4 controller without any problems. Certainly works better than trying to stream to an old PC, which I tried before

6 hours ago, Mr X said:

What compatibility issues? Its worked fine for me so far. I've streamed Fallout 4 and NV along with some other older games. Connected a wired and wireless 360 controller and a PS4 controller without any problems. Certainly works better than trying to stream to an old PC, which I tried before

I'm a PC Master Racer, I don't have 360 or PS4 controllers, I've a random 10 quid number. Granted when the whole shebang works it's a nice option, though I tend to just  HDMI wire up the laptop to a TV when needed.

I'm a PC Master Racer, I don't have 360 or PS4 controllers, I've a random 10 quid number. Granted when the whole shebang works it's a nice option, though I tend to just  HDMI wire up the laptop to a TV when needed.
With a laptop it's probably not worth it. My PC is too far away to connect to the TV. Plus it let's Mr X jnr stream from his pc upstairs, although there was a bit of lag when he tried which I think is down to the wifi

Got gta5 on ps3 quite wnjoying dipping intonit every so often still got lot of game tonplay but reasonably through it. Is pc version massive step up and is there rockstar social club crap to get thru each time you start up game on stram