Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

I'd be up for it, I've got a mic but like Mr X, I have no idea what TS is.

edit: I've bought a few things in the same but found it a bit meh myself, hoping that Dawn of War will go on the daily/flash sale, it's in the general one so it's part of the sale but it didn't go further in the Autumn and I don't think it did in the Summer sale either. :(

Its in the flash sale right now for a fiver! Finishes at 6pm

I have twisteH and a few others on steam, not sure who they are though!

forehead, get TS downloaded mate and I'll launch the server details your way.

Downloaded it last night.

Its in the flash sale right now for a fiver! Finishes at 6pm

I have twisteH and a few others on steam, not sure who they are though!

Unfortunately that's Dawn of War II which I played the demo of and recall it being a bit meh. But that going on sale has reduced the price of one of the DoW expansions to 2.50 so I bought that (and you can play it on its own), the GOTY edition is still only the 50% off so I'll wait and see whether that goes down further or just buy it for a fiver.

Unfortunately that's Dawn of War II which I played the demo of and recall it being a bit meh. But that going on sale has reduced the price of one of the DoW expansions to 2.50 so I bought that (and you can play it on its own), the GOTY edition is still only the 50% off so I'll wait and see whether that goes down further or just buy it for a fiver.

I quite enjoyed DOW 2.

Ah, sorry. Its a real shame there havent been any really decent games using the Warhammer/40k worlds

What'd you get? Was it a full new set of stuff you had bought or upgrades?

Massive overhaul of my PC, almost everything is being upgraded, new gaming rig case with proper airflow, new power supply, a working optical drive(woot)

Processor: AMD A8 6600K 3.9Ghz Quad Core(Turbo'd to 4.2Ghz)

Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A55M-HD2 Board 8570D onboard GFX

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Memory

Storage: 1TB + 200GB hard drives

Graphics: Nivida Geforce 9800 GT

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

£270 well spent :thumsup2

Massive overhaul of my PC, almost everything is being upgraded, new gaming rig case with proper airflow, new power supply, a working optical drive(woot)

Processor: AMD A8 6600K 3.9Ghz Quad Core(Turbo'd to 4.2Ghz)

Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A55M-HD2 Board 8570D onboard GFX

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Memory

Storage: 1TB + 200GB hard drives

Graphics: Nivida Geforce 9800 GT

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

£270 well spent :thumsup2

Good price for all of that! Just chop and change or did you get it all from the same place? I'm thinking about a wee upgrade soon, probably a BluRay Writer, extra Hard Drive and seriously considering an SSD for the OS (although I dont have any experience using one so not sure if it's worth the money). I tend to use my computer more for video than games ya see so the processor and GPU I've got are plenty good enough for the programs I run.

Ah, sorry. Its a real shame there havent been any really decent games using the Warhammer/40k worlds

I agree, as much as I've enjoyed Dawn of War (and the expansions), Space Hulk and Space Marine, they're not amazing and it's probably only the Warhammer aspect which is keeping me hooked.

Though I suppose they're doing a decent enough job since I never collected the models or played the table-top game, yet I absolutely love the franchise!

Good price for all of that! Just chop and change or did you get it all from the same place? I'm thinking about a wee upgrade soon, probably a BluRay Writer, extra Hard Drive and seriously considering an SSD for the OS (although I dont have any experience using one so not sure if it's worth the money). I tend to use my computer more for video than games ya see so the processor and GPU I've got are plenty good enough for the programs I run.

The board, ram and processor all came from a bundle, the HTC from Amazon and the rest was given to me