Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

And we weren't talking about the company overall, we were talking now. I thought that was obvious. They are a joke of a company these days. They make stupid choices and ruined their best franchises

Well considering it was me that originally mentioned Capcom as a joke this argument seems a bit pointless, a bit like Capcom these days.

Edited by Islay

forehead7, on 11 Dec 2013 - 22:16, said:

Someone said that they thought it was "Terraria in space" but I've no idea how accurate it is. I can't remember which person I know said it so I'm unsure whether it was first hand or not.

Same makers, quite similar but Starbound has much more depth to it. Not played either, just from reading about them.

Dino Crisis was awesome by the way. Think of Resident 1/2/3 but with dinosaurs! Can't be complaining about that!

Also, Capcom is now a company that tries to out-destroy Square when it comes to their franchises.

Same makers, quite similar but Starbound has much more depth to it. Not played either, just from reading about them.

Dino Crisis was awesome by the way. Think of Resident 1/2/3 but with dinosaurs! Can't be complaining about that!

Also, Capcom is now a company that tries to out-destroy Square when it comes to their franchises.

To be fair, seems to be common with all the Japanese developers

To be fair, seems to be common with all the Japanese developers

It's a shame because the Japanese seem to come up with all these brilliant ideas, develop them well and then proceed to say, 'f**k it, baws oot time' and ruin it.

It's a shame because the Japanese seem to come up with all these brilliant ideas, develop them well and then proceed to say, 'f**k it, baws oot time' and ruin it.

The problem seems to be stagnation, they have a brilliant idea and run it to death cause they can't think of ways to evolve it to the next stage, update it for a new generation etc. Look at the dead rising games for example, fun yeah, but each one is virtually identical and all the problems from previous games are left in.

Harsh on Square, Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs were good and it appears they're getting back to their legendary JRPG roots with Bravely Default on 3DS

Has anyone played Dead Rising 3? To me it looked like the only launch title worth buying from the E3 gameplay trailers but I admit I haven't bothered to follow many games since the summer. Barely knew about Assassin's Creed IV until my mate gave it to me!

I agree with Edgarus. Resident Evil 4 was superb, but I haven't liked anything else Capcom has done. Dino Crisis looks interesting, but the thought of playing the PC port of that from 1998 genuinely gives me the shivers. Can only speculate how horrendous it would be. :death

Dino Crisis was fucking awesome. It will be incredibly dated though.

Dino Crisis was fucking awesome. It will be incredibly dated though.

I said this on the FF thread, but I find that sprite-based games made in the 16-bit era have dated far better than games made in the early 3D-polygon 32-bit era.

Despite being out of beta for months, Dota 2 is now officially a free-for-all. Still free to play and now no waiting lists to get in now that they've got their servers in order. Get on it, this is one of the most addictive and rewarding games you could hope to play and it doesn't cost a penny. Need more Scottish people on the Dota scene!