Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

The Resident Evil series, Mega Man series, Devil May Cry series, Onimusha series and Dino Crisis series say otherwise ;)

I'll give you the first two, DMC isnt my cup of tea but I get why people like it (Dynasty Warriors is well better) but Onimusha is very meh and Dino Crisis I'm not sure if you're kidding or not :lol:

Capcom are fucking awful. :lol:

Think of me as a ghost, of point and click games gone by. The 1990s was our glory year - the 2000s nearly destroyed us. Alas, we are back, and this time, in numbers stronger than ever. Broken Sword 5; Broken Age; Game of Thrones (TellTale). We shall not fall.

I am raising awareness of this once proud genre so people start buying them again. It's my favourite type of game so I feel like I should.

Had no idea that was in development. I'm ridiculously excited :thumsup2

I'll give you the first two, DMC isnt my cup of tea but I get why people like it (Dynasty Warriors is well better) but Onimusha is very meh and Dino Crisis I'm not sure if you're kidding or not :lol:

I was just goading twisteH tbh, he properly loves Resident Evil 4 so much that he is verging on crazy fanboy status. I'm still waiting to receive it in the post!

I was also basing my list in terms of sales, all of those franchises have sold millions of units and have done rather well.

Fair play. RE4 is superb tbf though. DIdnt realise Onimusha was a big seller right enough, maybe bigger in the States and Japan than over here...

Yeah, I've heard RE4 is even better than Broken Sword 5 ^_^

I think the Onimusha series sold over 8 million units, unsure of the breakdown in terms of continent sales though.

Yeah, I've heard RE4 is even better than Broken Sword 5 ^_^

I think the Onimusha series sold over 8 million units, unsure of the breakdown in terms of continent sales though.

:lol:

Wiiit! 8 million!?! Jesus!

I agree with Edgarus. Resident Evil 4 was superb, but I haven't liked anything else Capcom has done. Dino Crisis looks interesting, but the thought of playing the PC port of that from 1998 genuinely gives me the shivers. Can only speculate how horrendous it would be. :death

I agree with Edgarus. Resident Evil 4 was superb, but I haven't liked anything else Capcom has done. Dino Crisis looks interesting, but the thought of playing the PC port of that from 1998 genuinely gives me the shivers. Can only speculate how horrendous it would be. :death

The Resident Evil franchise is dead, a shadow of its former self. Dino Crisis died years ago. Do they even still make Mega Man games? Devil May Cry needs a good game using proper Dante again or its finished. The Onimusha games aren't a particularly noteworthy franchise. Would have done better mentioning Street Fighter, which is basically the only Capcom franchise left that isn't on deaths door.

The capcom of 15 years ago vs the capcom of today? Just no comparison.

The Resident Evil franchise is dead, a shadow of its former self. Dino Crisis died years ago. Do they even still make Mega Man games? Devil May Cry needs a good game using proper Dante again or its finished. The Onimusha games aren't a particularly noteworthy franchise. Would have done better mentioning Street Fighter, which is basically the only Capcom franchise left that isn't on deaths door.

The capcom of 15 years ago vs the capcom of today? Just no comparison.

I wasn't giving a summary of recent Capcom success with that list btw, I would have thought that was obvious. It was an encapsulation of their overall success as a company. Can't argue with sales of the Onimusha series even if you don't find it compelling, quite a few people clearly did.

I wasn't giving a summary of recent Capcom success with that list btw, I would have thought that was obvious. It was an encapsulation of their overall success as a company. Can't argue with sales of the Onimusha series even if you don't find it compelling, quite a few people clearly did.

And we weren't talking about the company overall, we were talking now. I thought that was obvious. They are a joke of a company these days. They make stupid choices and ruined their best franchises