Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

It wouldn't be the steam sale unless you picked up some games that you'll probably never even play. I went for gauntlet, how to survive and murdered:soul suspect. Was about 8 quid for the 3.

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim is going for a mere £3 with the Legendary Edition, with all three DLCs, selling for £6.79. Well worth picking up and modding it on PC like I have done.

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim is going for a mere £3 with the Legendary Edition, with all three DLCs, selling for £6.79. Well worth picking up and modding it on PC like I have done.

I don't think I could partake. I lost too many hours of my life to it on the 360 before breaking free. :lol:

I've played 36 hours on the PC version. I dread to think how many hours I played on the X Box 360. Some of the mods for the PC version are superb and make it much harder even on a medium difficulty setting. Some of the AI tweaks mean that mages actually use their full arsenal of spells and it's terrifying at times with fireballs being flung all over the place and Draugr using all kinds of shouts.

I was using a mod that ups the number of enemies that spawn, based on where they original spawn. Got to one dungeon where you fight about 15 draugr, but there was about 40 of them! Managed to find and close a gate and take them all out with arrows.

Does this sale have anything new in it? Ive been more and more disappointed with their sales lately - always the same stuff

I know what you mean. The first Steam sale I properly took part in I was buying stuff left, right and centre. In recent ones I might buy one or two. So far this one I haven't bough a thing.

I did get a new graphics card today. I had a Nvidia 660 but now have a 970. Slotted it into the PC and booted it back up. Usual Windows noises as it started up but black screens :huh: Turned out I was paying attention when plugging in the cables. The 660 only need one but the 970 needed 2. Once I found a spare cable lying about the box everything was good to go. I can now up the hair quality setting in Tomb Raider 8)

I know what you mean. The first Steam sale I properly took part in I was buying stuff left, right and centre. In recent ones I might buy one or two. So far this one I haven't bough a thing.

I did get a new graphics card today. I had a Nvidia 660 but now have a 970. Slotted it into the PC and booted it back up. Usual Windows noises as it started up but black screens :huh: Turned out I was paying attention when plugging in the cables. The 660 only need one but the 970 needed 2. Once I found a spare cable lying about the box everything was good to go. I can now up the hair quality setting in Tomb Raider 8)

Off topic, but I'd be interested to know how much of a noticeable difference you see. I've a 660 at the moment. How much did you spend on the 970?

My laptop is good enough to run football manager pretty fast and telltale games no bother. Does that mean other pc games should be alright?

It doesn't have a disc drive so would be downloads only.

Processor: Intel®Core i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80 GHz 1.80 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 6.00GB (5.89 usable)

System Type: 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor

Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

No idea what the above means really and if it's good or not. What sort of games WOULDN'T I be able to play with the above?

My laptop is good enough to run football manager pretty fast and telltale games no bother. Does that mean other pc games should be alright?

It doesn't have a disc drive so would be downloads only.

Processor: Intel®Core i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80 GHz 1.80 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 6.00GB (5.89 usable)

System Type: 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor

Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

No idea what the above means really and if it's good or not. What sort of games WOULDN'T I be able to play with the above?

Google "can I run it" . It's a site with a list of games and it scans your PC and gives you a pretty good idea of whether you can play them or not.

To be honest, your GFX card is going to be the issue. You might get newer FPS to run but at low res

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got a few hours out of it tbh.

Pretty much as stated.. The setting is world war 2, you control 1,2,3... non-combatants as they fight to survive through the war. You're holed up during the day in a house and able to scavenge at night for food and guns, ect..

5/10

Hmm. Think its back up to £15 again. Probably not worth it at that price

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know any good, free survival games in the mould of DayZ/H1Z1? I've been watching some streams of them being played of late and they look pretty fun. Unfortunately, whilst I have a brand new laptop that wasn't exactly cheap, I'm unsure that it'd be able to play games of that quality so I don't really wanna spend money to find out.

Anyone know any good, free survival games in the mould of DayZ/H1Z1? I've been watching some streams of them being played of late and they look pretty fun. Unfortunately, whilst I have a brand new laptop that wasn't exactly cheap, I'm unsure that it'd be able to play games of that quality so I don't really wanna spend money to find out.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com

Back down to £6...

;)

Cheers Edited by Mr X

Nice one.

It appears I meet the minimum requirements for DayZ but fall just shy of the recommended requirements - particularly my graphics card. All I've ever played on here is FM, anyone know if it'd be a waste of time trying DayZ or similar?

Nice one.

It appears I meet the minimum requirements for DayZ but fall just shy of the recommended requirements - particularly my graphics card. All I've ever played on here is FM, anyone know if it'd be a waste of time trying DayZ or similar?

It will run ok, but you'll probably need to make a trade off between FPS and quality.