Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

Any games that are relatively simple to play? I like my PC games to be simple such as Age of Empires, Civ 5, FM. Basically, ones that don't require WSAD use or a controller as that's what I've got my console for. That and the game can't be mind-numbingly boring such as a bus simulator or something like that.

Any games that are relatively simple to play? I like my PC games to be simple such as Age of Empires, Civ 5, FM. Basically, ones that don't require WSAD use or a controller as that's what I've got my console for. That and the game can't be mind-numbingly boring such as a bus simulator or something like that.

If you can pick up Papers Please and/or Game Dev Tycoon cheap, theyre both that type of game

Get the x-wing or TIE fighter games (if you can get em to run on a modern PC) You need a controller (and every key on the keyboard has a legit function) not complex at all >_> tbh they're not that complex, but really good fun, very hard to get DOS games running on new systems though, for me it is anyway, not properly looked into it.

Yeah indeed. There's also achievements, a magic booster and chocobo world included. No idea what they are tho!

Not sure of the magic booster, but Chocobo world was a little mini game exclusive to a small sony handheld device called a pocket station (kinda like a tamagotchi) that had a very short life span. Infact FF8 might have been the only game that used one. Long story short, you can unlock a hidden GF (minimog) and gain a "friendship" with a moomba who randomly shows up during battle to attack a enemy and leave.

The magic booster allows you to bypass the game's annoying magic system apparently - I've never played ff8 before, just read that on the Steam forum. And that sounds cool about chocobo world, good of them to include that! Definitely worth 9.99, can't wait to get stuck into it tomorrow. :)

The magic booster allows you to bypass the game's annoying magic system apparently - I've never played ff8 before, just read that on the Steam forum. And that sounds cool about chocobo world, good of them to include that! Definitely worth 9.99, can't wait to get stuck into it tomorrow. :)

Same, proper chuffed

Bypass the magic system how? The magic system in FF8 was a great thing, it allowed you to properly strategize when you junctioned you magic to different stats.

I'll probably buy this when the winter sale comes around then but I probably shouldn't, I mean, I own it on PS1 (bought it at least twice after being young and careless with it) and PS3 already!

Bypass the magic system how? The magic system in FF8 was a great thing, it allowed you to properly strategize when you junctioned you magic to different stats.

I'll probably buy this when the winter sale comes around then but I probably shouldn't, I mean, I own it on PS1 (bought it at least twice after being young and careless with it) and PS3 already!

Aww, go'on

Is ff8 the one where it's an rpg and like any other rpg in the world it encourages you to level up but you're actually better off................................

I'm not sure how spoiler tags work so I won't continue that sentence but I assume some people know what I'm talking about?

That had to be one of the most irritating things ever to happen in a game.

Is ff8 the one where it's an rpg and like any other rpg in the world it encourages you to level up but you're actually better off................................

I'm not sure how spoiler tags work so I won't continue that sentence but I assume some people know what I'm talking about?

That had to be one of the most irritating things ever to happen in a game.

You're better off avoiding the random battles, yeah. It's a flaw, but it means you can play the game in two different ways.

There's an achievement for completing the game without ever levelling squall, f**k knows how that would work.

Enemies are based on your level. The higher your level the harder the higher level enemies become. If you have Squall and Zella faint when you're in the SeeD assessment war, just have Seifer battle in the random battles for say, 3 hours grind levelling up your GFs, getting all their abilities. The game is then unbelievably simple and I mean like, one hit kills on bosses.

Enemies are based on your level. The higher your level the harder the higher level enemies become. If you have Squall and Zella faint when you're in the SeeD assessment war, just have Seifer battle in the random battles for say, 3 hours grind levelling up your GFs, getting all their abilities. The game is then unbelievably simple and I mean like, one hit kills on bosses.

I'd rather play the regular way tbh, takes the sport out of it :P