Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

Been a couple of updates in the last few days and also new driver from Nvidia.  The alt-tab issue has been fixed and I'm now getting a very steady 32fps.  Thing that annoys me right now is often when I'm flying over a planets surface there is a lot of obvious and quite jarring texture pop ins.

On 19/08/2016 at 15:48, Mr X said:

Yeah. Hopefully its the drivers rather than the actual card. 

Whatever the issue Ive had enough. I ordered a 1060 last night that will come today :)

I even took the RX480 out and put my old 660 back in so I could get through a mission in Mafia II that kept crashing :lol:

Anyone want to buy a slightly used RX480??

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You haven't exactly put together a compelling case for buying it from you, Mr X  :lol:

Maybe worth RMAing it, especially if the new one works.

:lol:

Theres definitely nothing wrong with the card, Ive been monitoring it and the usage, temp etc are fine. Its not over working or overheating.

Im guessing that the drivers are conflicting with something on my PC, or maybe dont like W10. I cant be arsed trying to work out what.

Cant RMA it, the site I bought it off only accepts returns up to 30 days. I have the manufacture warranty card but I havent filled it out. I doubt Id get much more joy out of them, given the card itself is fine, and I'd rather pass the warranty on to whoever buys it

Loving my 1060 :)

Switched everything back to full screen, ramped up all the settings as high as they go and its barely breaking sweat and more importantly not crashing

Slightly annoyed at Asus though. Is it too much to ask that the CD you provide has drivers that actually work with the hardware in the box? :rolleyes:

Yep, too much for me, but no doubt some b*****d one else will snap it up.

Do we have a thread for people to post their system specs? I know that kind of thing is a bit nerdy and has an element of willy-waving, but it can be useful. I'm interested to know what processor you're using with your new graphics card(s), for example, as I think my GPU is woefully underpowered compared to the processor.

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Do we have a thread for people to post their system specs? I know that kind of thing is a bit nerdy and has an element of willy-waving, but it can be useful. I'm interested to know what processor you're using with your new graphics card(s), for example, as I think my GPU is woefully underpowered compared to the processor.

Ive got an i7, albeit an older version and 16Gb of RAM

7 hours ago, Mr X said:

Slightly annoyed at Asus though. Is it too much to ask that the CD you provide has drivers that actually work with the hardware in the box? :rolleyes:

Despise ASUS with a passion. I've bought a MoBo and laptop from them in the last 4 years, both endless problems, both times their support wanted nothing to do with it.

Otherwise, nice to hear the 1060 is doing you a turn.

5 hours ago, banana said:

Despise ASUS with a passion. I've bought a MoBo and laptop from them in the last 4 years, both endless problems, both times their support wanted nothing to do with it.

Otherwise, nice to hear the 1060 is doing you a turn.

I have an ASUS MoBo, which is part of the reason I went with their 1060. There seemed to be a lot of similarly priced models that were very similar

I havent had any problems with it

I also bought an ASUS convertible tablet thing a few months ago which has been fine so far

Edited by Mr X

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 20:38, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I don't mind waving it.

Gtx 770

16bg corsair vengance ram

i7 4790k.

Doesn't seem much now, but was the top baws when I got it.

Still runs everything without much effort.

Edited by Yoshi-91

19 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Playstations game streaming service is coming to PC, monthly installment but you will get access to quite a few exclusives that never came to PC. All you need is a decent internet connection 

The Last of Us?????

ETA - YES YES YES. IT IS :D:thumsup2

Edited by Mr X
excitement

13 minutes ago, Eoin said:

You dont actually run the game on your PC, it is run on their side in a server farm, and the video/commands are sent back and forth from your pc to their servers

The point being? That you 'rent' the games through subscription rather than buy them?

1 hour ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

The Last of Us,

Oh and they are bringing out a PC compatible Dual Shock 4 with Bluetooth USB adaptor 

FTFY ;)

Is the existing wired DS4 not already compatible? You only need the USB adaptor for the wireless one? :unsure2:

Im hoping my old 360 controller will work :lol:

ETA - got slightly confused. What I meant, is that the DS4 is already compatible if you connect it using USB, what Sony are selling is an official wireless adaptor ... I think

Edited by Mr X