The Only Way Is.... The Vu

I haven't been out in the town in a few months now but I've been to all the 6 clubs mentioned in this thread. I would rank then as...

1. Union

2. Underground

3. Rooms

4. Liquid

5. Fats

6. Dirty Vu

Bloody hell the lack of taste in clubs in this thread is appaling.

The rooms before the smoking ban came in place was the finest club known to man. Its went downhill the last couple of years but as a club it still shites on the other clubs in Dundee from a great height.

However that said, get the f**k out of Dundee and go to other nightclubs and see what you are missing!

Underground is brilliant, if you like to feel like a sardine, which is not very often.

Deja has always been seen as the place where 'Milfs' are, mainly because that's where the teenage pregnancy crew hang out. Seen as a bit of a dive, but that video is a shock to the system.

Fat Sams is for teenie boppers, people that think they are as hard as nails, and top ned talent go.

Liquid is where GGH goes, but I found it to be an awful place and felt the need for sunglasses when I was there.

Underground is brilliant, if you like to feel like a sardine, which is not very often.

Deja has always been seen as the place where 'Milfs' are, mainly because that's where the teenage pregnancy crew hang out. Seen as a bit of a dive, but that video is a shock to the system.

Fat Sams is for teenie boppers, people that think they are as hard as nails, and top ned talent go.

Liquid is where GGH goes, but I found it to be an awful place and felt the need for sunglasses when I was there.

Does Underground still have the live drummer and saxophone player night where they take requests?

Dundee is a shite night out(mostly). Never even been to Liquid, I've been dragged to The Vu a few times and its brutal. I've got a night out at Karma coming up what tbh I really can't be fucked with it. I ended up in fatties after The View played at Caird Hall and I had some wannabe 15 year old telling me I should know who he was... :lol: The Rooms is usually EPIC, Skint, well £1 a bomb canna grumble. Dukes open late, 30 pint challenge, scumbag free Peeeel's approval.

Edited by peeeel

Is Karma the old Oscar's? I still haven't been there yet.

Dundee has some great pubs. I love a pub crawl along Perth Road/West Port. It's at 12 when the pubs shut and you have to think about going to a club that things start going downhill.

Some of my mates were obsessed with going to The Vu 10 years and I got dragged there every weekend. I fucking hated it.

Duke's is good for a late pint but my mate got banned for shagging some burd in the toilets so that's out of the question. Clark's is okay and I believe 20 Rocks has a late license now. I may have to check that out soon.

I think that Karma place is doing OK from the monthly old school rave nights they are putting on. TTF last month and QFX this month. Wave yer glowsticks! A lot of the old ravers I know are dusting off their facemasks and the nights are selling out well in advance.

Much like most others I only go to the Rooms these days and even that is pretty infrequent.

Yeah the 30 pint challenge is as T_T_D said and I'm being dragged to that QFX night for a mates birthday. Never knew 20 rocks has a late licence, still might patch it. Last time I was at 20 rocks I was charged four different amount for the same 4 rounds.(Bit suspect)

Oscars was the business about 20 years ago. In fact they sponsored my Sunday league team back in the day. A couple of mates are coming back to Dundee in September and were asking if oscars is still on the go.

Is it the Karma mentioned above?

Yip, I remember seeing The Sultans Of Ping FC play a gig at Oscars about 20 years ago.