Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

Just to balance things out a bit, a big thanks to the arses who used green spray paint on the wall at the bottom on the garden, due to the walk starting outside my house.

£50 for masonry paint and 4 hours later I manged to get rid of RIRA and FTQ.

^^^^

Needs a moyes gif

The multi-coloured circus clowns marching through the various streets were "policed" by their own in-house trained assistants who were

sporting bright orange bibs each proudly declaring them to be a "LODGE STEWARD", which just happens to be an anagram of ODD LEG WASTER.

Or maybe, like sectarianism in Scotland, this is just "a myth". Let the hordes of troglodytes march through & wreck Edinburgh on the

Saturday before the vote as it will sway many of the "don't know" voters into voting a resounding "YES" when they see what these

sub-humans bring to the political table. Vote YES & get these marches (and equally those supporting Republican causes) off our streets

for good.

He won't know. He just likes to rhyme of the phrases that other poster use.

I'm sure he will come out with his Mrs Bunnfield shite shortly.

Ooft. Never you mind, champ. Will get you added to the "not bothered" list.

and what was your figures may I ask?

I agree great ground when I played, the pitch was a little uneasy, i was wicketkeeper i nearly lost my teeth on a few bowls, we also lost by 3 or 4 (can't remember), I knocked 4 of my first ball & then slugged it to long on for the second for some we naff to catch out the blue....great days, great pint after also.

I scored 6 but not off one delivery, sadly. I then bowled 2 overs for 19!! Not a good day at the office, but at least there were no Orange marches in the fashionable Grange

From an nhs pov the orange walk is pretty good as its a rare occasion where these fat monsters take a walk longer than to the next pub/chippy/take away.

Give it 30 more years and they re died out. Just old fat guys with drinker noses. T

Mags!

The multi-coloured circus clowns marching through the various streets were "policed" by their own in-house trained assistants who were

sporting bright orange bibs each proudly declaring them to be a "LODGE STEWARD", which just happens to be an anagram of ODD LEG WASTER.

Or maybe, like sectarianism in Scotland, this is just "a myth". Let the hordes of troglodytes march through & wreck Edinburgh on the

Saturday before the vote as it will sway many of the "don't know" voters into voting a resounding "YES" when they see what these

sub-humans bring to the political table. Vote YES & get these marches (and equally those supporting Republican causes) off our streets

for good.

Or "lowest graded" or "Wastrel Dodge"

for good.

Seconded...!!!

Forgive me for not wading through 58 pages of posts, but how have posts about Orange Walks become intertwined with posts about Scottish cricket?

edit: both an irrelevant nonsense, but at least cricket is benign :)

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

for good.

What a tedious post.

Those marches would still be here in the event of a yes vote, it's their right and that's all about it.

We should just ban everything then like TITP and such like as there's more trouble at them and deaths by drugs than what you'll get at the big walk.

You're clearly a bigot though.

What a tedious post.

Those marches would still be here in the event of a yes vote, it's their right and that's all about it.

We should just ban everything then like TITP and such like as there's more trouble at them and deaths by drugs than what you'll get at the big walk.

You're clearly a bigot though.

TITP don't march through the streets looking for attention

I don't understand why they simply don't use a public park or space of the outskirts of the city for a weekend, make an an all ticket event, allowing everyone who wants to watch go, and it allows for the vast majority who don't no longer need to put up with the disruption.

Plus it would allow the OO to finally take responsibility for any trouble caused at an all ticket event and simply not blame it the "hangers on"

The problem with using parks is that ordinary people are still inconvenienced, i.e. they can't use their local park for the day.

Why don't the Orange Order rent Knockhill once a year? They can march round and round the circuit to their hearts' content and not bother anybody.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

The problem with using parks is that ordinary people are still inconvenienced, i.e. they can't use their local park for the day.

Why don't the Orange Order rent Knockhill once a year? They can march round and round the circuit to their hearts' content and not bother anybody.

Most major events in the city are held within parks all the time.

My friend bought a flat Next to Glasgow Green knowing fine well the world bagpipe championships are held at it every year.

Most major events in the city are held within parks all the time.

My friend bought a flat Next to Glasgow Green knowing fine well the world bagpipe championships are held at it every year.

True. But I can't imagine anyone was bottled in the face at the Bagpipe Championships.

A bigot because he wants to ban sectarian marches?

Also I'm pretty sure there are more arrests/fixed penalties given out at the walks than tinthepark but don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

bollocks yer average rangers v celtic clash has more arrests than on orange parade. also out of the numerous orange walks that take place throughout the year why is their no outcrys of misbehaviour or arrests made. can anyone answer how many arrests were made in bathgate or helensburgh last week ? why is the glasgow one always more contreversial? could it simply be due to their being more hostility towards it , the general bampot tattitude amongst some glaswegians with.a drink or the horrible scheme dwellers who frequent the day.

bollocks yer average rangers v celtic clash has more arrests than on orange parade. also out of the numerous orange walks that take place throughout the year why is their no outcrys of misbehaviour or arrests made. can anyone answer how many arrests were made in bathgate or helensburgh last week ? why is the glasgow one always more contreversial? could it simply be due to their being more hostility towards it , the general bampot tattitude amongst some glaswegians with.a drink or the horrible scheme dwellers who frequent the day.

Yes. It's everyone else fault for the trouble

Yes. It's everyone else fault for the trouble

again i have not said that . i have asked why only the big glasgow walk attracts trouble. why is this ?

but if you wish to reply but completely ignoring my points and replying with one line of bullshit then be my guest

again i have not said that . i have asked why only the big glasgow walk attracts trouble. why is this ?

but if you wish to reply but completely ignoring my points and replying with one line of bullshit then be my guest

Might have something to do with so many marches that bring parts of the city to a standstill. I don't believe they have that problem elsewhere

67 last year in Glasgow, how many this year? It's not as though ever march is from Glasgow either.

If argue it pisses people off due to the disruption it causes so these attention seekers can feel smug and superior than anything else

Hope that answer suits you better, feel free to keep defending them though.