The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

the thing with star wars is that if the script is top notch then no one really cares about anything else, look at the original trilogy for evidence of that

if abrams is given a fucking good script then he should do very well at it

Also i wonder if they will use any of the expanded universe novels or create something completely new, i would like to see the thrawn trilogy put onto the screen

the thing with star wars is that if the script is top notch then no one really cares about anything else, look at the original trilogy for evidence of that

if abrams is given a fucking good script then he should do very well at it

Also i wonder if they will use any of the expanded universe novels or create something completely new, i would like to see the thrawn trilogy put onto the screen

They have fucking loads to work off from the books. The last time I checked, the books go right up to Luke Skywalker and his son Ben fighting Jacen Solo (son of Han and Leia; his brother was killed by an alien invasion of the galaxy) and his Sith order, with Jacen obviously having turned to the dark side.

I'm actually currently reading the books that cover the Yuzhaan Vong invasion. I've read them before but not in a while and have nothing to read just now so giving them another bash. Almost on the book where Anakin gets his totties. Obviously have already read of Chewie being killed via a moon to the face.

They have fucking loads to work off from the books. The last time I checked, the books go right up to Luke Skywalker and his son Ben fighting Jacen Solo (son of Han and Leia; his brother was killed by an alien invasion of the galaxy) and his Sith order, with Jacen obviously having turned to the dark side.

I'm actually currently reading the books that cover the Yuzhaan Vong invasion. I've read them before but not in a while and have nothing to read just now so giving them another bash. Almost on the book where Anakin gets his totties. Obviously have already read of Chewie being killed via a moon to the face.

i read the jacen solo series a while ago, and while they were good they didnt have the grip that the thrawn trilogy did, still not read the yuzhaan vong series though, is it any good so far?

i read the jacen solo series a while ago, and while they were good they didnt have the grip that the thrawn trilogy did, still not read the yuzhaan vong series though, is it any good so far?

It's ace. I've read it all once before and really enjoyed it. Loads of shit happens.

I've always thought that the Yuzhaan Vong are a sly dig at Islam....

Edited by DA Baracus

I think this is great news given what he achieved with Star Trek. There's life in Star Wars now. George Lucas selling Lucasfilm is great news for cinemagoers.

His re-boot of Star Trek has been great, and I'm really looking forward to the next one.

I just hope he doesn't copy the same style for Star Wars. The thing about them, they were big sci-fi franchises out at the same time, whose films had atotally different feel about them. Different cinematography etc.

Though in principle, he's a good a choice.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been announced by Disney that there will be two spin off series of films. One focusing on a young Han Solo and his smuggling adventures including meeting Chewie etc to be set before A New Hope. And the other to be a Boba Fett series set between Empire and ROTJ

Thoughts?

Edited by DavidMcG

It could be a good thing, as different directors could take each character and give a different take on the Star Wars story. It certainly isn't a bad idea and the back stories to both Boba Fett and Han Solo. I would quite like to see Ben Affleck take either of those character films. I am not overly keen on JJ Abrams getting a trilogy of films.

2BobbyLinns:

Darth Maul did not die in Episode I.

It could be a good thing, as different directors could take each character and give a different take on the Star Wars story. It certainly isn't a bad idea and the back stories to both Boba Fett and Han Solo. I would quite like to see Ben Affleck take either of those character films. I am not overly keen on JJ Abrams getting a trilogy of films.

2BobbyLinns:

Darth Maul did not die in Episode I.

to reintroduce him they'd need to bring savage opress into the storyline, which is a long story

I think the Boba Fett films should be fun action type films throughout the galaxy, and as he is behind a mask, casting for him shouldn't be too much of an issue.

The Han Solo ones will be different I feel as he was a main character, and casting and storylines will be crucial for those films.

As above, I like giving them their own films but they don't require a series of films each. Especially for Boba Fett, how much time is there between Empire and Jedi? There's obviously a huge time before A New Hope for Solo's story so could make a couple of films of his time.

As above, I like giving them their own films but they don't require a series of films each. Especially for Boba Fett, how much time is there between Empire and Jedi? There's obviously a huge time before A New Hope for Solo's story so could make a couple of films of his time.

it seems there was only a year between ep 5 and 6, so how they plan to make a series of films im unsure

After further reading it appears to be conflicting reports on whether Boba Fett series will be set between episodes 4 and 5 or 5 and 6 or both.

He is too old now probably to play a young han solo but I think Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost) would make a cracking Han Solo if they were recasting the original. Plus there is the JJ Abrams connection already there

Edited by DavidMcG

After further reading it appears to be conflicting reports on whether Boba Fett series will be set between episodes 4 and 5 or 5 and 6 or both.

He is too old now probably to play a young han solo but I think Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost) would make a cracking Han Solo if they were recasting the original. Plus there is the JJ Abrams connection already there

JJ Abrams will not be doing the character films, he has been given Episodes VII - IX.

53 and counting: I wouldn't expect them to tell a story that has already been told. I was just making the poster aware of something via spoiler.

Yeah, he's not bad. Similar enough looks (hair maybe a bit too light but obviously fixable) and he's got that sorta bad ass, good guy who doesn't always play by the rules vibe going.