The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

Theres a few ways these new films could go, if they do decide to set them after ROTJ, i would like to see Starkiller from the Force Unleashed introduced to the storyline. I was a big fan of both games and the character likeness and voice are provided by Samuel Witwer, so casting wouldnt be an issue. The character has gotta be the most powerful force user in history, what he pulls off in the games totally pisses all over Yoda and the like, its already been confirmed that those games are fully canon, so the characters there.

Id also like to see something set around the times of the old republic, i was a big fan of the Revan and Malak characters from the old Kotor games and i think the story in them is solid enough for a film. If the fighting in the film is anywhere as good as this tho, it will be amazing.

Theres a few ways these new films could go, if they do decide to set them after ROTJ, i would like to see Starkiller from the Force Unleashed introduced to the storyline. I was a big fan of both games and the character likeness and voice are provided by Samuel Witwer, so casting wouldnt be an issue. The character has gotta be the most powerful force user in history, what he pulls off in the games totally pisses all over Yoda and the like, its already been confirmed that those games are fully canon, so the characters there.

Id also like to see something set around the times of the old republic, i was a big fan of the Revan and Malak characters from the old Kotor games and i think the story in them is solid enough for a film. If the fighting in the film is anywhere as good as this tho, it will be amazing.

Really enjoyed the KOTR games and had solid storylines but I would rather they used the storylines for the "main" films based on some of the Timothy Zhan books, set 20/30 years in the future so its a completely different environment

Id also actually like to see someone constructing a lightsaber, geeky I know but its only ever been hinted at in the films and described in teh books

Really enjoyed the KOTR games and had solid storylines but I would rather they used the storylines for the "main" films based on some of the Timothy Zhan books, set 20/30 years in the future so its a completely different environment

Id also actually like to see someone constructing a lightsaber, geeky I know but its only ever been hinted at in the films and described in teh books

Its true tho, the best star wars writing is when lucas isnt involved. He may have created the world, but he knows f**k all about how to write. The dialogue in the prequels is dreadful

Its true tho, the best star wars writing is when lucas isnt involved. He may have created the world, but he knows f**k all about how to write. The dialogue in the prequels is dreadful

Agreed, its pretty cringeworthy at times. Hopefully with it shifting to disney it will be better. Just hoping we dont start seeing Mickey Mouse with a lightsaber tho, if so let Donald Duck force choke the crap out of him

Agreed, its pretty cringeworthy at times. Hopefully with it shifting to disney it will be better. Just hoping we dont start seeing Mickey Mouse with a lightsaber tho, if so let Donald Duck force choke the crap out of him

They have already merged Final Fantasy with Disney, so i wouldnt put it past them TBH

yes, this by a long shot

ive read a number of expanded universe books and the "Heir to the Empire" books were outstanding, i felt that Grand Admiral Thrawn was a well written character and certainly worth exploring on the big screen

disney+star-wars.jpg

Just look at Lucas there, he looks fucking miserable!

If this is even a hint towards anything I will not be a happy bunny

yes, this by a long shot

ive read a number of expanded universe books and the "Heir to the Empire" books were outstanding, i felt that Grand Admiral Thrawn was a well written character and certainly worth exploring on the big screen

Were those the ones when Leia first gets preggers and trying to train as a jedi and you get introduced to Jade?

This. Like yourself a big fan, but the action in it alone is just brilliant and some that I'd argue is up there with the saber fight in Revenge of the Sith. Even then, the character is extremely likable, with his badboy gone good complex.

yup

Good shout tho thinking it might be difficult for Harrison Ford and co to pull that off, may need to one of the ones further down the line

I'd like to see a film that somehow has Samuel L Jackson return as Mace Windu. After episode III of course. No proof he died in the film. He was about the only good thing bout the prequel trilogy.

Id disagree there, the character was so wasted. And needlessly included. The Big problem with with the prequels for me is that they spent far too much time establishing needless characters like Jar Jar, Windu, Qui Gon, even R2D2 and C3PO shouldnt have been in it. If they spent more time with the already established characters they could have had more screen time to write a better story, instead of squeezing in the most important characters story(vaders) in a rushed and half arsed way.

He bloody goes from kid-teen-jedi knight to murdering children far too quickly and it feels far too rushed. Lucas spent too much time trying to give us a visual feast, instead of working on the franchises most important character. Oh and the casting for him was fucking awful too. Me and a buddy were talking about this the other night, when casting your series most important character, spend more than 5 minutes casting him for f**k sake! Oh and his downfall to the darkside? due to a dream of his wife dying, which ultimately led to him trying to kill her? f**k sake!

Id disagree there, the character was so wasted. And needlessly included. The Big problem with with the prequels for me is that they spent far too much time establishing needless characters like Jar Jar, Windu, Qui Gon, even R2D2 and C3PO shouldnt have been in it. If they spent more time with the already established characters they could have had more screen time to write a better story, instead of squeezing in the most important characters story(vaders) in a rushed and half arsed way.

He bloody goes from kid-teen-jedi knight to murdering children far too quickly and it feels far too rushed. Lucas spent too much time trying to give us a visual feast, instead of working on the franchises most important character. Oh and the casting for him was fucking awful too. Me and a buddy were talking about this the other night, when casting your series most important character, spend more than 5 minutes casting him for f**k sake! Oh and his downfall to the darkside? due to a dream of his wife dying, which ultimately led to him trying to kill her? f**k sake!

Sadly the visuals already look dated