Ryder Cup 2014

Jamie_B

Maybe not all the people on here shout all sorts of abuse at footballers, and have a problem with others shouting it?

Obviously, that's not the point though. If you, or any other posters who disapproved of the fan's comment to Reed had heard a fan at your game yesterday asking an opposition player if he'd 'practised his passing/shooting' would you have been hoping it got a negative reaction or got him removed from the game? Or then come on here and say how much you disapproved of that comment? Not a chance you would.

I'm merely asking what the difference is other than 'well it's golf and not football'.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously, that's not the point though. If you, or any other posters who disapproved of the fan's comment to Reed had heard a fan at your game yesterday asking an opposition player if he'd 'practised his passing/shooting' would you have been hoping it got a negative reaction or got him removed from the game? Or then come on here and say how much you disapproved of that comment? Not a chance you would.

I'm merely asking what the difference is other than 'well it's golf and not football'.

Yes and No in that order.

Act like a fanny at any sporting event and you deserve to be criticised - I'm not sure why you are struggling with this. As for him being lobbed out, that would have been an over-reaction IMO.

Rose and G-Mac in a bit of bother already. If that putt had dropped on the first G-Mac would be fine, hope that doesn't set the tone for his and Europe's day.

Was thinking that myself about McDowell and his first putt. Amazing the affect one shot can have on a golf round.

Yeah that was the classic reaction of a crowd that's been hurling abuse, then gets offended when they get some back.

Maybe there isn't much difference between football and golf.

To be fair, if you're standing around the fourth green, you won't be aware of what's been said at the first tee. Other than that, totally agree, if you give it out then you can't get all pissy because someone fires back.

To be fair, if you're standing around the fourth green, you won't be aware of what's been said at the first tee. Other than that, totally agree, if you give it out then you can't get all pissy because someone fires back.

I agree with that too.

Europe could do with a wee burst here, lot of big red numbers there.

An thats why, if that the only thing thats happened, he's mis-judged his response. Coming across as a total dick. Needs to learn a bit of class like Mickelson who would have let it slide.

An thats why, if that the only thing thats happened, he's mis-judged his response. Coming across as a total dick. Needs to learn a bit of class like Mickelson who would have let it slide.

What the guy shouted towards Reed at the first tee is the only thing I heard, if he has been heckled by anyone else, it's not stood out, and I agree with you, I think Reed went somewhat over the top with his response to sinking that putt. Best thing to do is just sink putts, win the match and then at the 18th make your comments if you really feel the need to do so.

Archived