Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So guessing this is the 'demo' for this year then. Holding off on buying FM till after the year but would be nice to get a sample of what it is like without being forced to pre-order it.

No, the demo will probably be released alongside the main game.

This is the Beta version, which is essentially the full game.

Is there no way to play FM windowed this year?

From SI's site...

Some people with lower resolutions (say 1266x768) will have found that they can no longer access Windowed mode in FM14. This is due to a number of changes made in game.

On Full Release there will be an option to change the zoom mode (to 0.75) which will allow that resolution to run in Windowed mode, but currently that function to change the zoom and allow you to do this is not working correctly.

I do like it, but they've made a change that has massive consequences for players who manage diddy clubs.

Now all agent fees are taken from a team's transfer budget.

Bearing in mind that nearly every lower league club starts with a zero budget, particularly in Scotland, this means that signing a player who has an agent is now impossible.

I've started an Albion game on Classic, and an Ipswich save on the full game, and in the latter, I have a transfer budget of just £100,000 despite being in the Championship. Went to sign a 32-yr old defender on a free, and on the confirmation screeen, this came up...

Ipswichtransfer_zps7f546040.jpg

No way am I spunking a third of my meagre transfer budget on an agent fee. Of course, when you're buying a player for money, the agent fee will be added to the amount you're paying, making signing players a lot harder. While this may be 'more realistic', it's potentially a gamebreaker for me.

Annoyed with the feeder club feature, I got a partnership with Dundee United and was advised by my assistant which players I could sign as part of our agreement, however when I go to make an offer it says Dundee United would rather they played at a higher level.

Annoyed with the feeder club feature, I got a partnership with Dundee United and was advised by my assistant which players I could sign as part of our agreement, however when I go to make an offer it says Dundee United would rather they played at a higher level.

Remember, this is still a beta you're playing rather than the full game.

I'd advise you to make mention of that on the SI Forums, as it's the sort of thing that can hopefully be tweaked.

Remember, this is still a beta you're playing rather than the full game.

I'd advise you to make mention of that on the SI Forums, as it's the sort of thing that can hopefully be tweaked.

Already did, the players ended up signing for East Fife who are in the same league as me.

Edit : This will probably be my favourite feature when it is fixed because usually you get a parent club and it is a hit or a miss, sometimes they send no one at all sometimes they send 3 players.

Different FM, same shite in the cups. Every single version, I get drawn against Livingston in the first round in at least one of the cups!

Result, beat them 4-3.

Despite playing with an ultra defensive line up which on FM13 would have ended 0-0 or 0-1

Archived