Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

What's the most and least amount people have had to spend to buy Will Hughes?

I've just started a Man Utd save and made an enquiry, £26m up front with £12m in 18 monthly instalments & £5m after 1 international appearance :lol: (didn't pay it though, went for Barkley for £24m instead)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone noticed how reluctant Belgian clubs are to sell players. There's two players on my shortlist with excellent stats yet valued less than 100k, yet Standard Liege won't budge, even for mental offers of over £1 million. Infuriating.

Don't usually go Killie in FM but I've decided to start one with them on classic. Going to use a similar set out to what AJ does (I know, I know :P); 4-2-3-1

First time properly fiddling about with player roles and set pieces etc. can't decide where to strengthen the team, I'm aiming for a new left back and I've offered a couple players of trials.

Doing a 4 game tour in Northern Ireland pre season as I just wanted a bit of a change. Playing 2 NI prem teams balymena and ballyimard (sp?) and 2 non league teams or something. I then have a friendly vs reading at home. Ayr United turned down a friendly as they're too busy, it was a week before the season started I asked to play it so fair enough.

Looking forward to playing this tonight! :)

Just completed the second round of fixtures, and Clachnacuddin are sitting second in League 1, four points behind East Fife. Only four points between us and Stirling in sixth, though. Arbroath and Brechin are slipping away at the bottom, while Stenhousemuir (who came up with me through the play-offs) are pulling away from them and catching up on an indifferent Alloa. Three reasonable cup runs so far: Needed a replay to beat Stenhousemuir in the Scottish Cup, then went to East Fife and robbed them blind in round 4. ICT away in round 5 (gotta love a derby in the cup), but I'm not confident. The League Cup saw me beat Arbroath on penalties, then beat Kilmarnock 2-1 at home. There were scenes. A 4-1 hammering at Motherwell followed, but I still made it two rounds further than last season. I made it all the way to the final of the Challenge Cup, including a 3-0 win at Partick Thistle who must be dreading drawing us in the cups by now. Got turned over 5-0 by Falkirk in the final, but since they're cruising the Championship this season I wasn't too surprised.

Squad-wise, I really need to strengthen. My strikers are misfiring badly, and my midfield is prone to going AWOL for twenty minutes at a time. Stephen O'Donnell popped up as a free agent and I signed him until the end of the season, and he's made a difference. Scored one and set-up two on his debut, so can't complain :)

Started a save with Arsenal and just won the league in my first season. Completely bombed out of every other competition though, including a 3rd place finish in the CL.

Spunked a fortune on Luke Shaw in the first window, brought in Kevin Volland in the second, and have already agreed a £5m move for Rhodes in the third. Slowly working out where needs strengthened.

I would like to add that Shaw, Mertesacker, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ozil and Giroud are superb. And Gnabry has created about 15 goals in under 12 games

What clubs have amazing youth systems/recruitment and are in the lower divisions? Preferably somewhere like France or Italy.

Judging by your posts you're wanting third tier or lower?

France

CS Sedan (CFA 2, fifth tier) - Training facilities: Great - Youth Facilities: Good - Junior Coaching: Adequate - Youth Recruitment: Above Average

Germany

Rostock (Third division) - Training Facilities: Great - Youth Facilities: Great - Junior Coaching: Average - Youth Recruitment: Above Average

Italy

Vicenza (Serie C) - Training Facilities: Great - Youth Facilities: Average - Junior Coaching: Adequate - Youth Recruitment: Above Average

Boavista are also worth looking at, as are Racing Santander. Crewes probably the best option in England. Funnily enough the lowest league team with the best all round ability to bring through youths is Scotlands very own Queens Park

Cheers, sir.

Don't know if any of those fit what you want. Meant to post a link to the site I got it off so forgot, so here you go...

http://www.mypassion4footballmanager.com/2014/03/fm2014-lower-league-clubs-with-good-training-facilities.html

Anyone ever had their club downgraded from F/T to P/T? Still playing as Clyde and I've been lingering around mid-table Championship for a couple of years now and my finances have gradually got worse so the club decided I can no longer sign players on F/T contracts.

None of my current squad will now extend their contracts leaving me with about 3 or 4 decent players signed up beyond the end of the season. Looks like I'm going to have to get myself promoted or find another club otherwise I'm going to find myself in a bit of a mess come the end of the season.

Archived