Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

A couple of versions ago (might have been FM11) I had a young player on loan from Arsenal at Aberdeen who was immense in midfield. He was released when he went back and I signed him on a free. Next couple of seasons he dominated the middle of the park in pretty much every game, culminating in scoring the winner in the cup final to secure a treble. I turned down all sorts of offers to keep him, but when I left for a bigger job my successor sold him to Valencia, where he sat in the reserves and played the occasional cup game. Gutting.

Managing Clachnacuddin when they were promoted to League 2, I've actually found money not to be a problem. There were nowhere near enough players and no backroom staff when I joined, but I got a wage budget of £3,000 (mega-bucks for that size of club) and despite having signed a full set of coaches, scouts, physios, etc and enough players to field two squads, I'm still well under budget. The club is making a loss every month, but not at a rate that would have us in the red at the end of the season.

I'm in League 1 at the moment and have a fairly big squad as well although it is mostly made up of youths. I'm also well into the red though and it's only February so I could be struggling by the end of the season.

The only thing I can think of that might be causing it is that Broadwood is a fairly big, new ground for this level. I assume FM takes stadium maintenance into account?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Man Utd game is coming along well. Into February of season 3 and the title which I threw away last season against Chelsea is all but wrapped up as I'm 12 clear with 8 to play. There are a lot of good EPL sides and I've been dished out 3 or 4 pumpings, but they are all taking points off each other regularly.

My campaign to retain the CL is on the cusp of failure as I trail Inter 2-1 after the first leg in the San Siro. My club World Cup tilt also ended in disaster as despite 14 shots on target against 3, I went down 1-0 to Mexicans Cruz Azul in the semis before they rolled over and had their bellies tickled by Fluminense in the final.

Still enjoying it as every competition I enter still feels competitive. I'll be mighty bored mighty quickly if I simply start winning everything at a canter every season.

Oh and Julian Draxler is an absolute monster on the left wing.

FootballManager2014_PreferencesInterface

Mine is so broken , cant even download the FM Dark skin , i got confused with last years where there was a tick for allow customer graphics and thought it was missing from my game somehow

Started a game with Wigan bought McKay from ict and Wallace from rangers. Maloney and mcarthur were both out for 6 months with cruciate injuries after a preseason game. Struggled and drew most of my games in the league. Lost 4nil at qpr and was told I had to win at Sevilla in the Europa league, got beat 5-2 and got sacked in October. Took over Burnley in 22nd and got them up in 2nd on last day even though 3rd place reading beat me to win the league by 2 points. I got lucky as McKay scored the winner for Wigan away at Blackburn who ended up 3rd.

Don't think I will have the resources to keep Burnley up next year

The new patch is out, which above other things allows cross-save with the new Playstation Vita release.

The Classic version of FM '14 is released at the end of this week on the Vita, meaning you can pick up your Classic save from your computer and take it anywhere with you before reverting back to the PC. Mind blown.

I've not got past the editor screen in FM'14 this year but I'll be taking the Vita version (~£25) everywhere I go.

Football%252520Manager%252520Classic%252

Getting a new stadium built for my Partick Thistle team and it's being named after me. I'm going to come across as one egotistical b*****d when it's built :lol: . The board are only increasing the capacity by 8000 to 28000 though, I was hoping for at least 40000 and to get to name the place myself.

Managed to get St.Mirren into the Champions League, however I'm playing all my games at Love Street for whatever reason. It looks like the club own two grounds, with Love Street kept solely for European games.

I had a wee 41/2 star Chinese guy up front for me called Yang An who was attracting interest from major clubs. At the start of the window I was receiving shitey £7m type bids which I kept rejecting, until Man City came in from nowhere with a mammoth offer of £45m, which was far too good to refuse. I now have a fucking huge transfer warchest to well and truly blow the Old Firm to f**k.

87oGVGW.gif

Chinese regens are bloody good on this, any file I've committed to I've come across at least a couple of Chinese wonderkids in each of them.

Theres a couple of sensational Japanese regens in mine. Celtic seem to sign them all before they move into the EPL strangely

I'm in about 2023, and Millwall have become a regular Premiership side with oddles of cash, Hearts have won two SPL titles in a row and Nairn County are in the Championship with a striker rated at 2.5* current ability compared to my Premiership strikers :lol:

Out of interest who's the most expensive player in folks games? I enjoy finding the highest value players after the regens have started taking over, this is the highest in mine. He's actually been at Chelsea for around 7 seasons now, so its not as a fees inflated his value any

LansanaDiallo_OverviewProfile_zps85fc2f1

I had a French guy on my Rovers game who's surname was Diallo as well...he was highly rated and teams such as Bayern, man United, Barcelona et all were all trying to lure him away. By this point Champions league football was in Kirkcaldy so they were all politely told where to go with their pishy £2.5m bids.... :lol:

I've been playing my Partick Thistle save since the day I bought the game, and was ready to enter my 15th season with a transfer budget of over £50m.

Wel-Gibson-Golden-Globe-Gif.gif

All we need now is a slow montage of your highest moments in the save along with your best reactions, with a song like Tell Me A Lie by Janie Fricke in the background

Copied from the Steam community site

Try going into your 'My Documents', within there should be a Sports Interactive Folder. Go into the Football Manager 2014 folder.

Go into 'games' and right click on your save which no longer loads. In the menu that opens is an option called 'Restore Previous Versions', click that and see if it works. It'll first scan for a previous version then potentially give you the option to 'Restore'.

Archived