Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

I've just noticed a regen I bought from Annan has his father under his favoured personal bit, his father is in the game from the start and isn't a regen. Has anyone ever seen this before?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just noticed a regen I bought from Annan has his father under his favoured personal bit, his father is in the game from the start and isn't a regen. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Who?

Who?

His name is Jake Evans...

JakeEvans_OverviewProfile_zps11fdfbf8.pn

As you can see he has the regen face. In his information he has a father listed as his favoured personnel....

JakeEvans_OverviewInformation_zps9de215f

When you click on the fathers name you get taken too...

GarethEvans_OverviewProfile_zps66cde9ab.

Who isn't a regen and has an in game biography.

It might be quite common but its the first ever time I've noticed it

There's a steam achievement for having your son appear as a regen so it can obviously happen, but I've never had it happen and never seen it happen at another team. Quite a nice touch, I think. Stats look reasonable too.

There's a steam achievement for having your son appear as a regen so it can obviously happen, but I've never had it happen and never seen it happen at another team. Quite a nice touch, I think. Stats look reasonable too.

Yeah, I think if you're at a club for 10 years you get a regen with your name or one of your players names

Finished second in the premier league with Southampton, just sold Samuel Umtiti and Dejan Lovren for £17.5m and £22m respectively. With the money I bought Nastasic and Caulker. Nastasic is supposedly the best defender in the country and had to break the wage structure to get him. Also welcomed back Will Hughes to my exciting midfield, currently looking like Nainggolan as the holder, with a Wanyama & Hughes as B2B and Ward-Prowse as CM(A). Fierro is up front with Mauro Icardi, they two are almost telepathic.

Please say you got him on a player/coach deal. 50 in one season from the U19 manager would be an amazing return!

He's retired unfortunately otherwise I'd have looked into it. I actually sacked a very loyal (and much better) u19s manager just to bring him in.

Elsewhere, I smashed my previous transfer record of £1.5m to bring in Real Madrid whizzkid winger Jose Luis Loro for £17.5m (£10m up front). One of those deals that you're really pushing the limits to accommodate: the add ons of £21k unused sub/each goal scored/ appearance fee on top of his £42k p/w wage will likely bankrupt me (well not really but he's fucking expensive to keep). But the right wing position has always returned goals for me (I even had Christie Elliott scoring 20+ a season in my first two years), and having a 4.5 star wonderkind has been a glorious upgrade. 24 goals in 20 starts with 2 games left to play. I don't see myself getting bored of this save any time soon.

Cup Final hat-trick for Jose: 5-0 v The Rangers greggy.png

Started a season as Montrose. Had a cracking start and was top after 11 games, the goals have began to dry up though which is a big concern. No surprise, however, considering my strike force consists of: Colin Samuel, Graham Bayne, Garry Wood, Graham Wilson, Kieran Sturrock & Jan Zemlik. Samuel reels in the assists but I don't think any of my strikers have scored over 3 or if they have, it's only because after going numerous hours without a goal, they'd notch 2-3 in the one game then go back to not scoring again.

Any must have striker for this level?

Yeah, I think if you're at a club for 10 years you get a regen with your name or one of your players names

Afraid not. I think it can happen if your manager is over 35, but SI have said it's a 1 in 10000 chance that he'll appear in your youth intake. So it's a very rare occurrence. However, I have seen one guy getting three in the one save. Must be a tremendously virile man.

You can get one on FM Classic with one of the unlockables whenever you want I think.

Afraid not. I think it can happen if your manager is over 35, but SI have said it's a 1 in 10000 chance that he'll appear in your youth intake. So it's a very rare occurrence. However, I have seen one guy getting three in the one save. Must be a tremendously virile man.

You can get one on FM Classic with one of the unlockables whenever you want I think.

I think it's the case on Handheld where if you play a player in at least one competitive game for 10 straight seasons that the player then gets a testimonial, after which your son becomes playable as a regen. It certainly used to be anyway, I committed a whole save with Plymouth on FMH 10 to see if it happened and I ended up getting a son called Marc McCue who played as a defensive midfielder. Circumstances eventually led to me moving to Conference side Braintree Town and my son to Man Utd where we met in an FA Cup tie. He scored an own goal in the last minute to earn me a replay :lol:

It would be good to have the same thing on the regular game but loyalty really does takes over. Where it down solely to ability I'd have humped young Marc out for the first transfer offer I received.

Anyone else had some strange retirements. I'm halfway through my second season at St.Mirren and Christopher Dilo has retired at the age of 21. He was my first team keeper for the majority of my first season, but refused a new contract. He also started getting called up to the France under 21's.

I have two players in my team who have died in real life but in the game are "unavailable to play until x date" (the date being within six months of the first season). Both are going nuts because I'm not playing them, because I can't so I sent one of them away back to his parent club.

Been quite a struggle but I always take at least a season or two before settling down, the amount of players I sell and release is mental at times.

On my Stirling Game, Scougall retired, must have been 2018. My Brother had a Clyde game rubbing parallel to mine, signed him when he got to the Premier, but when I searched for him it was just blank!

Started a new game yesterday with Sparta Prague. Challenge that I have set is that you win the league with the set team, then leave. You can only leave (you might be sacked however) once you have won the league. Played about 19 matches and lost only once to the bottom side (usual) went out if Europe in the qualifying stage to Hacken.

So it was good that there was no distractions during the league campaign. Form has definitely dropped. Little bit after the winter break!

Won 2 EPL titles back to back in 2027 and 2028 with Arsenal, as well as the Capital One cup. But boy, I stink in Europe. PSG beat me 8-0 on aggeragate over 2 legs.

Another thing I noticed, I go on these unbeaten runs of 7 or 8 games winning most of them, and then the next game comes up and I get stuffed, usually a 5-0 or 6-0 doing at the team sitting 16th or 17th in the league.

Need help. In my season with Manchester 62 (Gibralter team) I have qualified for Europe now 3 seasons in a row but obviously start in the very early rounds of qualifying. Problem is when it comes to these games my players are always exhausted. No matter how early I start pre-season my players still seem really tired and even tried playing my reserves (only team available in a friendly to increase match fitness but didn't work.

Any ideas on how to improve this?

Archived