Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

Nearing the end of my second season with the Pars. I can hardly believe how good some of my young players are. Whittle, Millen, Finn Graham, Byrne and O'Kane are all great but pick of the bunch has to be Scott Gray. He starts with 18 finishing and is an absolute goal machine. Is he a starter in anyone else's game?

Playing for Albion Rovers in the bottom division, scored 6 goals in 34 appearances last year. 12 finishing :P

O'kane turned out to be the best I think from the youth teams from mine.

On the 2019/20 season with Dunfermline, got to the semi final of the champions league, won the league cup and Scottish cup, still not won the league though. Celtic seem nigh on untouchable. Rangers are gash though :lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started playing with the latest update with Lyon. Not been too bad first season. However there has been tonnes of red cards (I've tried everything to get them to stop but nothing works) also loads if shots still hitting the woodwork.

Definitely a game breaker and very annoying.

Anyone else ever gotten a 5 star potential rated regen? Got this guy in my first youth intake

LauriePyper_OverviewProfile.png

Best I ever got was a four and a half star one. Actually got two in the same intake. This screenie is when he made his debut for Scotland about four years after making his debut though. I got sacked and the new manager sold him and my other brilliant youngster for a combined £800k, I stopped playing the game once that happened! Then my laptop broke and this screenie is all that remains of both :(

AdamAnderson_OverviewProfile-2_zpsbf4f3c

After how much fitness left does anyone start taking players off for "tiredness?" I'm usually at about 70% before subbing them off, is this too early/late?

I normally look to make subs about 20/15 minutes left if the game isn't really depending on it.

I just got relieved of my duties as Lyon manager. Pretty gutted actually. Board told me to get 11 points from 5 games to save my job.

I was about to secure 12 points, when I got a man sent off (surprise surprise. Happens nearly every game!!) lost a goal in the 89th minute, resulting in only 10 points.

Sacked immediately after.

I'll look for another job but it's out me off a bit. This game is so realistic, having to tinker with instructions during the whole game and really pay attention to how the game is going.

Bring back CM 01/02! :P

After how much fitness left does anyone start taking players off for "tiredness?" I'm usually at about 70% before subbing them off, is this too early/late?

I normally look to make subs about 20/15 minutes left if the game isn't really depending on it.

First 3 who drop under 75 get subbed, unless someone is having a terrible game & have a 6.3 rating or less, even if they're condition is good

When fitness drops into the 60's they are automatically taken off regardless of how they're doing. A player doesn't start a game for me either unless they are at least (I'm talking lower leagues here which is where I usually play) 90%.

Depends on who it is, who I've got on the bench, how far the game has to go and the fixtures coming up. If I'm 3-0 up with 25 mins to play I'll often take off my key players and give some of the younger guys a run out regardless of fitness. Generally I start watching fitness more closely around the 60 minute mark and start subbing people around 70%. If someone's having a shocker they generally get hooked before then, and if I'm facing a big game then I try to protect my big players. A cup game with extra time looming is slightly different, then I try to keep a sub back until around 90 minutes to give me some fresh legs for the extra 30.

Gutted, for no apparent reason all my player history has been deleted, similarly al my achievements, saying I'm from Algeria etc.

Gone back to a backup save which is sadly 3 months back, in that time I'd managed to get a point in front in the league and went unbeaten through the group stages of the champions league as well as getting a good draw for the last 16.

Away to cry.

Buzzing for the update to start a new game. In my 8th season with Rangers and it has just went stale. First 2 seasons were so boring due to winning just about every game, didn't win SPL till the 6th season and now getting to latter stages in Europe, but can't see me taking them any further.

Started a Barca save after the brutality of the Fergie Challenge on here. Its rather enjoyable, and more awkward, than you'd probably imagine. The fact you've no way to stop losing Valdes after the first season adds an intrigue, as hes the first "key component" you have to replace

I decided after partly fucking up my SAF Challenge by failing to autosave that I would try a kind of Jose Mourinho type challenge, with the objective of winning the domestic league and Champions League with 4 different clubs in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain, starting with Porto in Portugal.

I signed a few of the game's best young players, like Julian Brandt, Agustin Allione and Jeronimo Rulli, and they all played key roles in what was already a very young squad. My CL campaign was an absolute horror show, I was top seeds in a weakish group including Marseille, Leverkusen and Basel, finishing bottom with just 6 points.

My domestic season was much better, and I won the domestic treble losing only one league game across the entire season

a23lee.gif

My team are very young overall but have huge potential. With the right additions I'm sure I'll be able to continue romping the domestic scene and launch an assault on the CL in the near future.

As an experiment I'm playing as St Johnstone but using the same tactics I used at Barca. Its actually going surprisingly well. I sold Scobbie, Frazer Wright and Chris Millar as Scobbies value was matched, and Wright and Millar don't fit the system. Only players I bought were Ross Jenkins on loan from Watford, Thomson from Dunfermline and Kenny McLean from St Mirren.

We line up...

Mannus (SK)

Miller (CWB) - Mackay (BPD) - Anderson (BPD) - Easton (CWB)

Jenkins (HB)

Davidson (AP) - McLean (AP)

Wotherspoon (IF) --------------------- Hasselbaink (IF)

May (AF)

With us set to "Control", "Very Fluid" and having "Play short passes", "Keep possession", "Play out of defence", "Look for overlap" and "Roam from positions"

Drew with Rubin Kazan before losing 3-1 over there so out of Europe. Beat Hearts 1-0, then drew 2-2 with Kilmarnock, beat Ross County 2-1 and then crushed Dundee United 3-1. Be interesting to see if this continues

Archived