Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that save file is obviously broken though if Partick are top first season.

They've got Mason Bennett on loan from Derby, who's physical stats leads to him ripping this league apart

I was really enjoying a new save as Thistle, and tried keeping it simple tactically given how much of a nightmare I've had in that area so far. Got to the league cup final in the first season, and then was within a couple of games of the title before blowing it. Not so impressive, every side dropped points, including Celtic. Start the second season, and by November I'm 9th. Play in the Scottish Cup fourth round, beat Cowdenbeath comfortably, and get sacked. Ridiculous decision.

Rather fortunately Anderson is better on the ball on FM than in real life, I gave Wright a chance in that role, and proceeded to see him take five touches, turn backwards and hit a shite pass to our keeper the opposition seized on but fortunately missed. So I decided to opt against him. I've also almost "frozen" out Dave Mackay and Steven MacLean, due to both not fitting into the system as starters, but Mackay is playing regularly due to injuries just now

How annoying is it you set up a new game in a league you've never played in before, spend a good hour or so preparing for the season and then discover the team are utter dreadful? :lol:

Eskisiherspor are the team involved.

Rather fortunately Anderson is better on the ball on FM than in real life, I gave Wright a chance in that role, and proceeded to see him take five touches, turn backwards and hit a shite pass to our keeper the opposition seized on but fortunately missed. So I decided to opt against him. I've also almost "frozen" out Dave Mackay and Steven MacLean, due to both not fitting into the system as starters, but Mackay is playing regularly due to injuries just now

Who do you play at centre back then, surely not Scobbie?

Nah I sold Scobbie. I play Jahic there :ph34r:

Ahh is he good, he's not been on any of the databases I've played. I think he's become my favourite ever saints player, what a guy big Sanny was!

In 2019/2020 season in my Rangers save. Fired it up to play my Champs League campaign where I had drawn Man Utd, Juventus and Ajax. Ended up topping my group with 15 points from 18. Got some fantastic regens in the squad with one I had purchased from Hibs in the 2nd season, one who has came through the youth ranks and splashed out 5 million on a regen from Liverpool who has formed a deadly partnership up top with Darren Buchan who is a regen through the youth ranks.

Got 5 star facilities. 4/5 star coaching and stadium expanded to 60,000. If I don't win the Champs League within 2 seasons I will probably wrap it. Got a solid base of Scottish players with Jack Grimmer, Mark O'Hara, Callum Paterson (captain), Ryan Gauld and two of my Scottish regens always the first name on the team sheet.

I have a 15 million budget going into January and Simon Mignolet is leaving as he can't get his game, same with Callum McManaman. Don't know wether to go for a couple of top players for my assault on the Champions League or save it for buying regens.

^^^ Airdrie just a cover for supporting The Rangers IMO

Went them to see if I could get them winning Champs League, first 2 seasons were boring as f**k because of how easy it was but it has actually been good since getting to SPL.

You still crying tears of absolute seethe because your assistant is training players in other positions while you are playin FM on holiday mode?

In my Middlesborough game, Arsenal were lying 16th in the league. I was doing OK in 5th. Arsenal sacked Villas-Boas, and I was offered the job. Took it, and Villas Boas took over my Boro team. Went on an insane run with Arsenal and ended up passing Boro and finishing the leage in 2nd place on goal difference to Man U.

Now in the 2025/26. My record isn't bad. Started at Alloa, got promoted to the Premiership. Then moved to Leyton Orient, got them promoted to the Championship. Then moved to Middlesbotough, got them promoted to teh Premiership, won the FA Cup and finished 2nd with them. Hopeful of a title with Arsenal.

Just about to start season 17/18.

Dundee united finished second and Jackie Mcnamara got sacked for it ?! Game is weird sometimes.

Killie in Europe for the 4th straight season. Best finish of 3rd. Signed a lot of free young guys getting released from big clubs, Fabian Schnellhardt the best by far. Awesome freekicks, long shots, dribbling. MF/AMC Stamina only downside. Look at Man utds youth team for potential freebies. Got most on 1-3k a week.

Thats the January Transfer Window update out by the way, so sadly my Barca-Saints Experiment will likely be over. For what its worth I was adrift in sixth after the split and would be finishing there, and was in the Scottish Cup Final against Partick

Going to get fired into this soon. After getting sacked by Lyon a season and a half in, I finally got the Rotherham job. Kept them up in league 1. I then left (leaving them in 6th spot in November) as the mighty Rovers came calling.

Raith were lying 8th in the Championship when I took over November 15/16. Eoin Jess had left them in a right mess, but we did have Kevin FRIESENBICHLER!! Who was an absolute demon. Finished 7th after a strong finish and tweaking of tactics.

Season 16/17:

Finished top of the pile and won the Ramsdens cup, FRIESENBICHLER scoring a mighty 46 goals. Just incredible!! I have a young regen up front as well, who was starting to find his way that season.

Season 17/18:

Finished a promising 5th in the Premiership (finishing above the Rangers) notable results were a 5-1 victory over Celtic! I sold FRIESENBICHLER for a cool £1.2M to RKC in Holland! Brought in a couple of players and loans with the money. My squad was very threadbare and had to play 16 year olds at left and right back. Luckily my tactics were very fluid.

Season 18/19:

Finished 2nd and won the Scottish Cup. Europa League here I come! Getting rid of all the dross now and gonna bring in some young regen talent.

Bring it on!

I've started yet another new save, but this one seems to be going a lot better.

First, it's on FMC. I've finally bitten the bullet and given it a chance, and although there's a few annoying things missing, I'm enjoying it for the most part. It's a lot simpler, and speedier to get through. Since I plan on making it a very long save, it suits me. Second, I've decided to have a long journeyman save with a few simple rules. I'll start in Scotland, and from there I can only move within a country, or to a country that borders Scotland (or is across the water, like either of the Irelands). Moving this way I intend to go across Europe, and finally end up back in Scotland with the Jags, but that's a long way off.

I started off at Rangers. I know, I know, I felt dirty doing it. But I wanted a piss easy start to things with my lowly rep, so I picked ra gers. Spent two and a bit seasons there, winning the Scottish Cup twice, the Ramsdens once, and League One and the Championship. Packed my bags during the ill-fated Premiership season when it looked like we would only make top 6 and not trouble an absolutely rampant Celtic.

Then it was onto Northern Ireland, to the vacant Linfield job. I know, I'm really racking up the Rangers connections. Just finished my first season with them, and got a domestic treble with the league, cup and the Antrim Shield. Intend to stay one more season to get my rep up enough to touch the Republic of Ireland jobs, then if all goes well it's on to Wales, England and then across the Channel to France.

That's when things'll get a little more interesting with choices about which path to take. From France I'd probably go down into Spain and then Portugal, but I could just as easily move to Belgium, Italy, Switzerland or Germany.

Archived