Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

I considered that, but always thought it would be a bit... messy

You have to be careful with your money more since your building a whole squad from scratch, but you can be irresponsible and sign a couple quality players on silly money.

good fun

Sounds a bit like LMA Manager when you created your own team and built it from scratch.

Aye, but it can all go Pete Tong for some of the teams :lol::lol:

post-21687-0-76057700-1402149503_thumb.j

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone ever signed 1D's Louis Tomlinson? His stats as a right back are pretty shit but I'm tempted to sign him just to see if there's a boom in shirt sales.

Theres a few discussions about him, and the general consensus is that he has zero effect on shirt sales. It would've been a good touch if he did, and maybe one they'll bring into the game, but in FM14 he has no effect. Apparently he spends most of the time on tour anyway

Theres a few discussions about him, and the general consensus is that he has zero effect on shirt sales. It would've been a good touch if he did, and maybe one they'll bring into the game, but in FM14 he has no effect. Apparently he spends most of the time on tour anyway

Bullet dodged then, cheers!

For the first time on any FM game ever (that I can remember). One of my players just won the European Golden Ball. Toni Perez won it, despite playing for my team, West Brom, and we finished 9th. Tremendous effort

Got a 5 star potential regen called Kevin McLeod in my first season of a Hibs play through, season & a half later he's the club's top striker with a 4 star ability rating & already on the club's icon list. Fighting off £6M bids from Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs & Arsenal

Going to try & hold onto him until he wants away, which he hasn't made any hints at

Do you have a link for this?

I tried this a couple of years ago, but it got a bit ridiculous as half the teams didn't sign any players.

Its in the Steam Workshop, called World Free Transfer Database

I did for Dundee Utd, £675 a week down a the drain :(

Right, so I started a save with Schalke using the free transfer database. So far I can confirm that Daniel Sturridge couldn't score in a brothel and that Kevin de Bruyne is absolutely lethal. P3 W3 in league and cup (P8 W6 D1 L1 including pre-season) and pumped Berlin 5-0 in my last game. I've got two problems though:

1) Wages: I was able to offer decent wages to the first few players I signed, but now I can't offer anything like the same amount of money. The maximum I can offer a key player is around £12k, while the aforementioned wage thief Sturridge is on about £35k. Is there some sort of average wage cap in Germany, or is the database bugged?

2) Champions League squad: Being able to sign players form anywhere (and not having had a save where my team was in the CL for a while) I forgot about the home-grown player requirement. I'm now stuck at a point where I can't submit my squad list, since I only have three players trained in Germany. I tried offering contracts to the regens created to fill out my youth team, but I can't hit continue to get them to accept. It looks like the game is deadlocked - any suggestions?

2) Champions League squad: Being able to sign players form anywhere (and not having had a save where my team was in the CL for a while) I forgot about the home-grown player requirement. I'm now stuck at a point where I can't submit my squad list, since I only have three players trained in Germany. I tried offering contracts to the regens created to fill out my youth team, but I can't hit continue to get them to accept. It looks like the game is deadlocked - any suggestions?

Can you not just leave unassigned spots in the squad?

As in if you need eight homegrown players in a twenty five man squad, and only have three in your squad, then you'd only be able to register 20 players, as the five empty spaces would count as "home grown"

That free agent database is brilliant, utter pandemonium :lol:. Aston Villa seem to be going on a spending spree of average SPFL players.

Sounds like it is going similar to mine, if so the best laugh you will have is go to player search

search for Scottish players in the English Prem :lol::lol:, there are players who would be in SPFL League Two :lol::lol:

post-21687-0-28222600-1402446297_thumb.j

Ally Brown, Graeme Smith & Chris Smith are all EPL 'Keepers :bairn:lol:

Can you not just leave unassigned spots in the squad?

As in if you need eight homegrown players in a twenty five man squad, and only have three in your squad, then you'd only be able to register 20 players, as the five empty spaces would count as "home grown"

I hadn't thought about that, cheers! I'll give it a go tonight.

ETA It worked :) Salzburg knocked out, now I'm just waiting for the group stage draw...

Archived