Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

Has anyone ever granted one off their players a testimonial??

If so how do you do it and what happens?? Do old players come back etc.??

It'll soon be time for Lewis Stevenson to qualify and it's only right the wee man gets acknowledged

Pretty sure there's an option on the fixtures screen

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just been taken over and now whenever I go to search for a player I get no results unless I un-tick 'Unrealistic transfers' in which case I get everyone.

Anyone had this problem before?

I've posted it on the SI forums but no doubt the post will go ignored due to it not being typed in the correct manner or some other nonsense reason.

Must be a transfer embargo - they take ages to get lifted during and I think even after takeover talks.

Pretty sure there's an option on the fixtures screen

Yup - when you go to arrange a friendly there should be an option, similar to when you have a clause arranged to play a friendly as part of a transfer, for a testimonial.

Must be a transfer embargo - they take ages to get lifted during and I think even after takeover talks.

Yup - when you go to arrange a friendly there should be an option, similar to when you have a clause arranged to play a friendly as part of a transfer, for a testimonial.

Ended up being an embargo after all. Just guessed with them having already given me a budget it may have been lifted.

Anyone witnessed this yet? Or had it happen to them?

I was fined for failing the FFP rules with West Brom, although I joined them halfway through a season so couldn't do anything about it

DanielBegg_NewsInbox-11_zpsffc5b754.png

I decided to start a game as manager of East Fife, so far I'm in my second season. In my game so far, Neil Lennon expressed his desire to become manager of Barcelona and was considered to be one of the frontrunners for the job, before being sacked two weeks later by the Celtic board, he is now managing the mighty Huddersfield. The Celtic board then replaced him with Derek Adams of Ross County, who at the time where sitting 5th in the league. Ross County in turn appointed Sandy Clark as their new manager, who has managed to take them from 5th to 12th in the league within seven weeks. Also Hibs are now in relegated into league 1 despite the fact they have the strike power of Shola Ameobi and Heskey. Ally McCoist is the new manager of Spurs, while Eoin Doyle is currently the top goal scorer in the Premiership scoring 22 goals in 28 games for West Brom.

I decided to start a game as manager of East Fife, so far I'm in my second season. In my game so far, Neil Lennon expressed his desire to become manager of Barcelona and was considered to be one of the frontrunners for the job, before being sacked two weeks later by the Celtic board, he is now managing the mighty Huddersfield. The Celtic board then replaced him with Derek Adams of Ross County, who at the time where sitting 5th in the league. Ross County in turn appointed Sandy Clark as their new manager, who has managed to take them from 5th to 12th in the league within seven weeks. Also Hibs are now in relegated into league 1 despite the fact they have the strike power of Shola Ameobi and Heskey. Ally McCoist is the new manager of Spurs, while Eoin Doyle is currently the top goal scorer in the Premiership scoring 22 goals in 28 games for West Brom.

Wow :lol:

Fucking hell :lol:

I've been trying to make a tactic involving two box to box midfielder work got ages and I've finally nailed it in my Herta Berlin save. I'm in my 3rd seasons sitting 4th in March and have Andrew Robertson and Gauld in my 1st XI. Had Soutter too but flogged him for 5M the Christmas before last as he wouldn't renew his contract, should have got him on a longer deal. I plays short passing, high tempo, rigid, attaking football with a high defensive line, and displined creative freedom.

---------------GK---------------

FB(A)----CB(D)--CD(D)-----FB(A)

----------------A(D)-------------------

---BBM(S)---BWM(D)---BBM(S)

-----------------AM(A)--------------

------------------P(A)---------------

I got fed up of the wage cap issue on my Schalke save when I hit an injury crisis and couldn't sign anyone as cover mid-November, so I started another free transfer database save with AC Milan and just took the piss with signings. P10 W10 in the league so far, scored over 50 and conceded 2. I've got Aguero and Giroud up front with De Bruyne sitting behind them and they are utterly destroying everybody. Granted I still have to play most of the big guns (Inter, Roma and Juventus are all towards the end of the fixture list), but I'm pretty happy so far. Struggling a little bit in Europe though. Breezed through the play-offs and got a fairly easy group, but I struggled to beat Basel 1-0, drew 0-0 with Steua Bucharest (is that how you spell it?) and had to come back from 3-1 down to draw with Porto.

I like this database, but it would be nice if the other teams actually signed some players. I'm fairly sure a lot of my domination is down to the opposition sticking with the players generated to make sure they can put a team out. Some foreign clubs are signing lots of big names (I'm praying I avoid Chelsea if I get to the CL knock-out rounds), but a lot of the teams I'm playing only have three or four at most. Also, Partick Thistle - managed by Mr Ronseal himself, Jimmy Calderwood - are running away with the SPL. What?!

:wub:

Just spoke to a player as I was about to sell him saying good luck for the future and all that pish.

His response "I'm going to be a great player one day, you'll regret letting me go."

Cocky c**t :lol:

Just spoke to a player as I was about to sell him saying good luck for the future and all that pish.

His response "I'm going to be a great player one day, you'll regret letting me go."

Was it Ryan McGivern?

After three years at Tottenham an fa cup and two top 4 finishes I got the boot. Aston Villa went down and after the interview process I got the job. Had a mass clear out Trippier £7 million, Weimann £5 million, agbonlahor £2 mill and £55 grand off the wage budget another 15 players left and I was left with £26 million and £300k on the wage budget. I was surprised to see transfer listed Chadli at £3.6 mill, cuadrado for £11 mill, Vermeer for free and ravel Morrison for £3.9 mill.

Excited about a new adventure. Still got £27 million in the bank and won my first three games to nil.

This happened to me once. Unfortunately (for him) it was before I'd confirmed the transfer, so I cancelled it and released him. c**t.

There must be a injury bug. I'm in November of my second season and I've had at least 4 injuries at every point. I can barely fill the bench as all my reserves and youth team also seem to be injured.

The league rules make it even more difficult, only being allowed 7 foreigners on the park and a squad size of 25. Ridiculous.

Oh and the injuries are all at least 3 weeks and I'm playing 3 games a week seemingly. Might deliberately lose in the champions league (verge of going out anyway) so get rid of matches in the second half of the season.

Oh and Nicolas Gaitan is fucking shite, what a waste of £11m

post-6423-0-71683500-1403522051_thumb.jp

Inverness CT are topping the SPL on the first season in my new save lost 3 matches and drawn 6 all season 25 games in. Using pr0's summer transfer update at the moment. Gonna put it down to the fact they managed to grab former Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Alumina before the season started,

On the plus my Dundee team are on the up with me having nabbed Marc McAusland on a transfer from St. Mirren and brought in 6'4" Bolton striker Tom Eaves (whose co-leading the league goalscorer charts with Danny Handling) on loan

and

After convincing my board to let me hire an extra coach and physio I brought in Craig Gordon (no injuries yet despite apparently having an injury proneness of 15) after about 10 games after he recovered from injury on a one year deal and his attributes suddenly started to increase again(according to genie scout he's a 120 CA at the moment, was only 106 when I signed him :S) so I've set him to tutoring Scott Bain who had already taken 1st choice off of Lethern before I brought Gordon in.

Sitting joint 3rd place down from 2nd after some shitty results in the Premiership in which Ronny Delia's Celtic team have managed to overtake me and Aberdeen tie on points with me.

Edit: Ha! turns out I had Inverness in the next game and I beat them 2-1. Celtic are joint top with them now. Outstanding performance's from Tom Eaves and Craig Gordon helped that one.

There must be a injury bug. I'm in November of my second season and I've had at least 4 injuries at every point. I can barely fill the bench as all my reserves and youth team also seem to be injured.

The league rules make it even more difficult, only being allowed 7 foreigners on the park and a squad size of 25. Ridiculous.

Oh and the injuries are all at least 3 weeks and I'm playing 3 games a week seemingly. Might deliberately lose in the champions league (verge of going out anyway) so get rid of matches in the second half of the season.

Oh and Nicolas Gaitan is fucking shite, what a waste of £11m

attachicon.giffm.jpg

It's not a bug, if you have more and better physio's the problem should solve itself, also turn down your training too, you want it to say Light or Medium during the season.

I usually run with two physio's in Scotland. 3 when I get to Europe, you'll need more. Probably want to work on Fitness throughout the season if you are playing that many games to and have two very good fitness coaches.

Archived