Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

DanielBegg_NewsInbox-14_zpsdcba6ee6.png

Unreal. They finally leave 25,000 seater Tynecastle this Summer. Moving to a 35,000 seater stadium called the Robertson Stadium. They could easiily make it ten in a row as they are miles ahead of everyone else

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anybody came across a half decent League/Transfer update for the new season? I think there was one linked on this thread a while but I can't seem to find it.

LFCMarshall's summer Transfer update on fm-base is usually 97%-ish up-to-date. Mainly transfers that no one reports that haven't been done or other things

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=8774

Having somehow managed to win the Championship first time with Middlesbrough, I am wanting to make serious strengthening transfers which will hopefully allow me to stay in the top league. Now whilst I was hoping to get my budget out early and begin quickly to snap up the bargains, nope I've been hit with a transfer embargo as takeover talks are commencing. Now that'd be fine if the person leading it had the finances, but no, its being leg by bloody Stewart Gilmour, formerly of St Mirren. Why on Earth are we even humouring him and stopping me getting on with it. Ohh yeah and because of this, I've not been offered a new contract yet and it runs out in 3 weeks, might tell them to stuff it tbh.

^^^ Went through and he screwed me over like I knew he would with a god awful budget.

Sitting 15th right now, best result a 2-1 comeback at WHL, followed up by a 3-0 thumping at Carrow Road, where I registered 1 shot the whole match against their 32. It's gonna be a long season.

LFCMarshall's summer Transfer update on fm-base is usually 97%-ish up-to-date. Mainly transfers that no one reports that haven't been done or other things

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=8774

Cheers guys.

Onto my fourth season with Dundee Utd. Third ended with me narrowly losing 2-1 on aggregate to Liverpool in the quarter finals of the Champions League and I was six points behind Celtic with two league games left. I beat them 3-0 at Parkhead which meant a win against Aberdeen at Tannadice was needed to be matched by a Motherwell win at home to Celtic.

The miracle pulled off and I retained the League and League Cup double. I lost 11-10 to St.Mirren on penalties in the Scottish Cup semi final which was a huge disappointment not to get the treble.

I have, shall we say, an excessive budget to play with so i signed Ravel Morrison for free on £33k a week. I signed a pretty no mark German full back on 31k so f**k knows what I was thinking, hope he does a job.

Or I could get this guy, initial attempts seem to show it'll be over £20m for him though

NikolayRybakov_OverviewProfile_zps561fb1

The Russian looks unattainable, had an offer of £40m just to test and they still refused it, they only accept an offer of £57m including 50% of the next transfer fee and a few million for goals and such like. I'll try and unsettle him but I'm not sure it'll happen

Two years on and I finally get my man, he cost me an initial £15m with another £3m in add-ons. I'm in desperate need of a striker as the one I ended up buying (its quoted on the last page) has just been sold for £20m, so I was absolutely desperately hoping Rybakov would repay the blind faith I've shown in him. He's now rated as only having 3* potential, but thats still good enough for me.

DanielBegg_NewsInbox-16_zps5792133a.png

NikolayRybakov_OverviewProfile-2_zpsc948

Onto my fourth season with Dundee Utd. Third ended with me narrowly losing 2-1 on aggregate to Liverpool in the quarter finals of the Champions League

WTF? Champions League quarter finals in the 3rd season with Dundee United? I have no idea how people manage this so quickly.

Because Dundee United are so so so so so so so overpowered.

Little surprise. The guy that runs the project for filling in the Scottish database is an Arab.

He always tries to claim they aren't though :lol: To be fair Hearts were quite over powered last season, they'd be off the bottom before the end of the year

Gary Mackay-Steven is one of the most overrated players on the game. There's quite a few of Dundee United's youngsters that get far too good as well. Needs sorted.

Hearts are a bit too good on this one. I won the league in the second season :lol:

Has anyone ever signed Liam McAlinden from Wolves? I've got him on £650 p/w for my Morton team and he's been an absolute machine, a ratio of over a goal per game in the Championship and he's already started well in my first season in the Premiership. Highly recommended.

Elsewhere, my laptop conked out when I was halfway through pre-season with Atletico Tucuman when I had signed about ten players, so my last save is being abandoned for a while. In the meantime I've went Morton and it's the best fun I've had since my original Partick Thistle save corrupted. My first season was spent trying to scrape a play-off place and I managed it with a win at Dens Park on the last day of the season, before losing 2-1 on aggregate to Hamilton in the first play-off. My second season was most pleasing and I beat The Rangers to the title by a cool nine points (77 points in total) after a dramatic title race. My title party was against them at home on the second last day of the season, but we got pumped 4-1. Probably the only team who's ever had to suffer an aggressive team talk before lifting the title.

Archived