Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

Laptop crashed so had to reload FM14 again, it works until the main menu and then disappears, in the problem it says "APPCRASH". Any ideas how to resolve this?

I would uninstall football manager & steam in their entirety

ensure all folders are deleted as well as just running the uninstaller

http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=219

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just set up a link with FC Osaka in Japan for a commercial link to boost profile in Asia, play a friendly there etc. Is it worth it though? I'm paying them over £2m a year which is quite a lot.

I've just set up a link with FC Osaka in Japan for a commercial link to boost profile in Asia, play a friendly there etc. Is it worth it though? I'm paying them over £2m a year which is quite a lot.

From my experience - it takes a little while to start getting a proper return, but if you keep an eye on your merchandising revenues, they *should* start to noticeably increase after a couple of seasons.

My assistant manager has won the Players' Manager of the Year, with me being second :huh:

This happened to me, after I went on holiday for one game, at the very end of the season...

Tommy fucking Craig getting it ahead of me.

Haven't played this in a while so inspired by widges thread i decided to try a random league. Started out at dc United but I couldn't get my head round the draft system and all my coaches had huge differences on how good players were which made it tough so I quit after 11 games sitting 14th overall and headed to Iceland.

I'm now manager of IA and unbeaten in my first 6 games (3 wins and 3 draws). I rarely venture outside the uk in fm so enjoying a change

Wee update

So after 3 years in Iceland with 3 fifth placed finishes and a cup win I decided to move on to the Norwegian second division with recently relegated Viking

Got off to a terrible start as I spend my budget on a brilliant squad with 17 foreigners not realising your only allowed nine. I had to improvise and sell the ones that were already there and buying more Norwegians. Started the season with only two forwards both 16 with 5 star potential and I went up as champions only losing 3 games. I'm now struggling a bit in the premier league sitting 10th after 15 games with a young squad. Had offers over 5 million for both the forwards I bought for around 250k

Amsterdam legend ^^^

If I wasn't after that, I should be now...

AjaxvBarcelona_OverviewOverview_zps6a995

I recommend anyone wanting a final save before FM15 choose Ajax. Its a challenge to compete in the CL, you get a challenge in the League but should win out eventually, you have plenty of money but masses of talent in your squad. Nobody at any level of your squad has below three and a half star potential at the start.

Also my Head of Youth Development signed Cammy Smith from Aberdeen, due to injuries he's been getting a game or two, and currently sits at 3 in 2 :lol: Bizarre

HeraclesvAjax_PreviewLineUps_zpsb8f3d023

:lol: Negative c***s

Went and lost 1-0, no space in the final third and they scored their only chance which came from a corner. I've literally no idea how you play against that? Never come across it before

If I wasn't after that, I should be now...

AjaxvBarcelona_OverviewOverview_zps6a995

I recommend anyone wanting a final save before FM15 choose Ajax. Its a challenge to compete in the CL, you get a challenge in the League but should win out eventually, you have plenty of money but masses of talent in your squad. Nobody at any level of your squad has below three and a half star potential at the start.

Also my Head of Youth Development signed Cammy Smith from Aberdeen, due to injuries he's been getting a game or two, and currently sits at 3 in 2 :lol: Bizarre

I started with Ajax as well before I started the Gibraltar challenge. Would recommend it as well. Henry Saivet is a great signing if you play him as a IF on the right.

HeraclesvAjax_PreviewLineUps_zpsb8f3d023

:lol: Negative c***s

Went and lost 1-0, no space in the final third and they scored their only chance which came from a corner. I've literally no idea how you play against that? Never come across it before

During my mostly futile attempts to qualify for the Champions League with Lincoln of Gibraltar, I used some absolutely howfing formations. My favourite was the 5-4-1. That is flat back 5, two wing backs (because they wouldn't let me put them as full-backs), two DMs, and a lone striker. With every team instruction set to minimise fun, and maximise pressure on us. Still, got me a couple of results (and a couple of pastings).

So got a celtic game on the go. First season was fairly standard. Got to the first knockout of the champs league whilst winning most domestic stuff.

Second season i seem to have hit a golden spell. Won the league cup 10-0 against st mirren. In the scottish cup final whilst winning the league. Most impressively, i am in the semi finals of the champions league. I am the tournaments top scorers with 59 goals scored with jordan rhodes and mason bennett the top two scorers with 14 and 13 goals respectively. Oh and rangers are shit

I started with Ajax as well before I started the Gibraltar challenge. Would recommend it as well. Henry Saivet is a great signing if you play him as a IF on the right.

I've got Schone on the right, and he's my best player tbh. Got well into double figures last season and already on six and we're just into October.

Bojans also been sublime for me, and I managed to sign him permanently for around £2m, Fishers a bit inconsistent though. Saivets usually one of my "scout instantly" players on FM aswell! Didn't really look at anyone due to wanting to use the youth system though. Only signing some promising youngsters (including the goalkeeper Hadzikic, who looks insane), Albin Ekdal and Scott Brown (yeah, I wanted a first choice midfielder capable of playing DM while having strong mental stats and a good personality, he fit the bill perfectly)

During my mostly futile attempts to qualify for the Champions League with Lincoln of Gibraltar, I used some absolutely howfing formations. My favourite was the 5-4-1. That is flat back 5, two wing backs (because they wouldn't let me put them as full-backs), two DMs, and a lone striker. With every team instruction set to minimise fun, and maximise pressure on us. Still, got me a couple of results (and a couple of pastings).

I can understand you doing it tbh, Heracles aren't a bad side though. I destroyed them 5-0 in the return game thankfully.

Archived