Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
harry94, on 29 Jul 2014 - 16:13, said:

Dundee usually end up getting relegated and appointing Barry Smith.

Never happened in my game. Smith usually ends up punted from Alloa then working in League 2/Conf. Prem/South/North. Hartley usually does amazing before suddenly resigning and we appoint Scott Leitch.

That's happened about 3-4 times in my game.

Everytime Saints sack their manager Gary McAlister takes the job, even if he's at a higher reputation side. Its happened on four saves that I've noticed

In my games Blair Alston and Kieran Duffie end up at St Mirren and Stephen Kingsley at Hibs ( loaned back for a year)

Then Holt replaces them with lower league garbage. Next game I'm editing Houston in.

Went on holiday for a season as I started a new game so that I could have some freshness. Some interesting changes:

Dundee were taken over by a local businessman who sacked Paul Hartley and appointed John Toshack on the 5th March. Toshack's released a whole raft of players as Dundee finished 6th in the Championship. Raith and QotS were promoted, both finished on 64 points but Raith took the league on GD. Rangers as expected came up, Hibs and St Johnstone were relegated.

Hibs sacked Butcher in April and replaced him with Craig Levein! St Johnstone sacked Tommy Wright in December and appointed Scott Leitch. St Mirren finished 2nd in the Premiership. Dundee United have George Burley as manager.

Despite winning the Challenge Cup and the Championship Raith decided to part ways with Grant Murray after he rejected a contract and have appointed Terry Butcher to lead them in the Premiership. Dumbarton have McGlynn as manager and Kenny Brannigan has made it as Stirling boss.

I know madness in FM is a common theme after you've advanced a few years, but this has just been the first season!

Simmed another season because the first one was quite mental and I figured I'd have more fun doing that. Since appointing Toshack, Dundee have turned semi-professional, I can only assume the new Chairman is another conman. Dundee finished 6th once again. Rangers won the Championship by 4 points ahead of St Johnstone, but St Johnstone missed out on a first time return as third placed Hamilton pipped them in the play-offs. Hibs finished 4th well off the pace. They sacked Craig Levein after only 6 months in charge and replaced him with Andy Watson. :lol:

Falkirk love a transfer and have made 15 signings and released/sold 12 in pre-season.

Terry Butcher spent 6 months leading Raith in their jaunt in the Premiership before leaving them for Ipswich. Jackie McNamara was his replacement and he managed to keep away from the play-offs by finishing 10th on GD. Raith's previous manager Grant Murray is now playing in the Championship for Cowdenbeath at 39. Partick Thistle sacked Archibald for getting them relegated and replaced him with Pat Fenlon.

Dundee United won the Premiership under George Burley and the United developer says they're not overrated the diddy! :lol:

Mark Burchill was promoted to manager as Livi and got them relegated.

Not as interesting a season.

Everytime Saints sack their manager Gary McAlister takes the job, even if he's at a higher reputation side. Its happened on four saves that I've noticed

He always ends up at Motherwell on my saves. Derek Adams legs it to Aberdeen as soon as that job comes up and Peter Houston whores himself out to whichever club has a vacancy.

On my Hibs save it's now 2017. 4 scottish cup finals in a row(6 if you count the 2 previous in real life) won it 3 times. Lost in the league cup final once. Finished in the top 4 three times, bottom 6 once at the start. All this and in still only above the 10,000 average attendance?? Any ideas??

Also have Paul Hanlon in his 10th year at the club and would like to give him a testimonial but don't know where or how to do this

On my Hibs save it's now 2017. 4 scottish cup finals in a row(6 if you count the 2 previous in real life) won it 3 times. Lost in the league cup final once. Finished in the top 4 three times, bottom 6 once at the start. All this and in still only above the 10,000 average attendance?? Any ideas??

Also have Paul Hanlon in his 10th year at the club and would like to give him a testimonial but don't know where or how to do this

Its exactly the same as when you're making a friendly, but theres an extra option to make it a testimonial. If you don't do it your board usually makes one

Decided to holiday for a month as St Mirren manager (sitting top of the league in November) as the next games consisted of League Two opponents in the cup & a double header in the league against bottom feeders, Hamilton . Ended up getting humped in every game and can't get back to where I was.

f**k you, autosave.

Started a Southampton save yesterday.

Budget of £1million and have spent 275k on Stevie May as back up for Lambert and Rodriguez.

Sitting top after 10 games so far and have managed wins away to Liverpool and Man utd away also.

Started a Southampton save yesterday.

Budget of £1million and have spent 275k on Stevie May as back up for Lambert and Rodriguez.

Sitting top after 10 games so far and have managed wins away to Liverpool and Man utd away also.

does anyone ever feel loyalty to old players, that have been at your club for a while. Even though they are well past it

You have to. I have vivid memories of my all conquering Dumbarton team from FM 2009 where real life English Championship club hopper Theo Robinson became the all time top scorer. He had about 12 years as a great striker but from the age of 35 I kept on giving him a one year deal and wheeling him out for cup games, dead rubber European and post split league games.

He scored his last goal against Dundee Utd just shy of being 40 years old and was utterly hopeless by the end but I had to keep him as a player until he retired.

Sadly he never took up a job after retiring and so vanished from the game. I do have a plethora of other former players on my coaching staff. If somebody becomes a hero I just can't let them go.

Archived