Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stevie May will grab goals and assists, I got him at Middlesbrough for a steal at 300k. Whilst he's on loan at Boro, if you're using the newest databases and not the January one like me. Lee Tomlin from Peterborough is a godsend at times, especially if you retrain him to a central midfielder. Ohh and Seitaridis is a great Rb, he's 32, but he's really solid and sets up goals too, plus he's a free agent.

I've found the Championship relatively easy so far, almost halfway though and I'm second by a point behind Leicester. Then again I'm playing a 2-3-2-1-2 and after a but of tweaking it's showing, albeit we just got tanked 4-0 by Reading thanks to Drenthe getting in behind us.

Any must buys for the Championship? Just started my first ever game in that league with Leeds. Any tips?

Alexander Groven and fredrick Haugen both in the Norway under 21 squad can get both pre contract for Jan or but both for combined 30-40k.

Haugen has been a great central midfielder or a goalscorer in an AMC role scored 17 in his first in his 1st season and aberdeen for me and currently scored 9 up till December in my Dutch save with De Graafschap save.

Groven is a left sided player and can play any left sided role I use him as a complete wing back and provides quite a few assists.

Have been loving this game during the past few days. Just about to finish my first season in the promotion play-offs with Raith Rovers... and now it won't let me open the game - 'Saved game can't be loaded'.

Is that it then? f**k's sake.. No point in spending a considerable amount of time playing this game when that sort of thing happens.

Have been loving this game during the past few days. Just about to finish my first season in the promotion play-offs with Raith Rovers... and now it won't let me open the game - 'Saved game can't be loaded'.

Is that it then? f**k's sake.. No point in spending a considerable amount of time playing this game when that sort of thing happens.

Usually if you get that, the save is goosed. Did you have rolling saves on? Definitely worth doing that, means the save isn't completely ruined if it happens. The only time I've had it happen is if you either kill the process during saving, or if you get that xml error that comes up every so often.

But rolling saves is the way forward

Usually if you get that, the save is goosed. Did you have rolling saves on? Definitely worth doing that, means the save isn't completely ruined if it happens. The only time I've had it happen is if you either kill the process during saving, or if you get that xml error that comes up every so often.

But rolling saves is the way forward

It says that I'm on a '3 File Rolling Auto Save'. Not sure what that means, but I can't find any back-ups. Maybe this is God telling me that I should be finding myself a job..

^ SOL alias

It says that I'm on a '3 File Rolling Auto Save'. Not sure what that means, but I can't find any back-ups. Maybe this is God telling me that I should be finding myself a job..

When it autosaves it should be creating three files and saving over a different one each time so if you have it on a monthly autosave you shouldn't really have lost much

Won the Championship by 14 points at the first attempt. An inconsistent Rangers and a mid-season 15 game unbeaten run the primary causes of my success. Rangers losing the play off final added some comedy value to the campaign.

Brought in 12 players in addition to the players I kept after relegation, and made around £2m from the sales of Danny Wilson and Callum Paterson to West Ham and Ipswich respectively. Best performers out of the new guys were probably Stephen Gleeson, John Mousinho and Kanga Akale. Special mention to Steffen Wohlfarth who I brought in a few months into the campaign and hit double figures. My strikers were largely inconsistent, but Wohlfarth led the line very well.

Crashed out the cups pretty early. Crashed out the League Cup in the 2nd round after a 3-0 defeat at home to Cowdenbeath (my bogey team), and made it to, I think, the 3rd round of the Ramsden's, eventually losing to Livingston on penalties. Rangers put us out the Scottish Cup, but at that point the only thing we wanted to win was the league.

Just starting pre-season now and trying to identify the right players, probably looking to bring in about 5 or 6 new faces.

Was offered an interview by League One Bury, but rejected their advances.

Enjoying the save at the moment, and looking forward to the new season.

Went through the whole 2034/35 season with Clyde losing only one game in the CL group stage. 106 points in the SPL to seal 10-in-a-row. Last two games of the season, the Scottish Cup Final against Sevco and the CL Final against PSG. Get utterly boabied in both. Seething.

I've been struggling to get back into this for months. My current attempt is to have a journeyman career managing all over the world and for a number of obscure international teams. I've started at Ghana, for perhaps obvious reasons I was in the mood for managing a team at the World Cup. It's annoying trying to fit the players into a favoured formation though, at club level I would just persist with both 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-4-1 and just gradually improve the personnel year on year. I'd get battered if I done that with Ghana, I'll probably need to use a couple of defensive midfielders since my back four are utter pish.

Thought I'd give an update on this since my 18 month spell in charge of Ghana has now come to an end.

When I arrived we were miles in front of a WC Qualifying group containing Uganda, Libya and Kenya. I beat Kenya 3-1 in my first game to round off a 100% group stage. We then drew the short straw in the play-offs by drawing Ivory Coast. My thinking was that my back 4 were far from good enough to cope with their attacking options, but alas we scraped a 4-3 aggregate win after a second leg that went to extra time. Off to Brazil!

Our World Cup was a bit beige on the surface to be honest. Drawn in a group of Spain, England and New Zealand we were never going to have much of a chance. We lost our first game 3-0 to England, and followed it up with a 5-1 win over New Zealand. The situation going into our game with Spain was that a win would likely have seen us qualify over England due to the big New Zealand win. With 80 minutes gone I was drawing 1-1, then the live scores showed England were 1-0 down to New Zealand. I was wetting myself with the excitement. But heartbreakingly Spain scored with 82 minutes on the clock and England equalised shortly afterwards leaving me in 3rd as things stood. I needed a draw to qualify so threw everything at Spain, hit the post in injury time, then lost a goal on the counter to lose 3-1. So everything went pretty much as expected for me in Brazil, but at least we had a bit of a hard luck story to go out on.

Next up was the campaign to qualify for the 2015 African Cup of Nations in Morocco. I blitzed through a qualifying group of Equatorial Guinea, Uganda and Zimbabwe with a 100% record (anything less would have been embarrassing I suppose). We drew a tough group at the ACN, but won nine points out of nine against Egypt, South Africa and DR Congo. Congo were then beaten in the quarters, then we scraped a narrow and thoroughly pleasing 2-1 win over Ivory Coast. Cameroon waiting for me in the final...

I lined up as follows:

rsz_1231670_screenshots_2014-07-17_00002

And our attempt to win our first ACN since 1982 went as follows:

rsz_2231670_screenshots_2014-07-17_00002

Super-Fan.gif

I really thought we were going to blow our 4-1 lead, as soon as it went 4-3 I shat it and contained for the rest of the match. Scenes when the penalty went in.

I guess it was a tournament I really should have been contending for anyway, but I'm still chuffed to have seen it through and to have scraped a few big wins against some similar strength and stronger international sides, and also it's the first time I've ever won the competition on FM. My work here is done now and I'm looking for something else, I'm thinking either a club in China or Argentina or another international team. I'lll see what comes up.

Private jet to Argentina, contract details finalised at the Monumental Presidente Jose Fierro Stadium, and I am now the new manager of Primera B Nacional side Club Atletico Tucuman.

tucuman_fierro1.jpg

Another place of new boundaries for me on FM, I've always wanted to make a good go of a career in Argentina due to the outstanding regens that come through from there.

Can't believe how realistic this is. I am currently trying to play a short passing game with Killie and Sandy Clark is constantly telling me to be more direct. c**t.

Also where is the option to tell Kris Boyd to stop being a fat useless c**t and learn the offside rule?

Archived