True Detective

Quentin Taranbino

"Aww ffs, can't believe they cast the dude from '10 things I hate about you' as the joker, this is gonna be shit" type post, IMO (In My Opinion).

Fully expect this to be excellent just as the first season was.

What a strange post type post IMO.

I obviously hope it is aswell, i'd be amazed if it is though. Just going from a trailer i still haven't seen again and the fact i don't like either Farrell or Vaughn.

Airs in UK at 2am, if you're not watching it until 9pm stay out of the thread, what could you possibly be looking for in here between it airing and you watching it?

If it means that much to you post all you fucking want, I'm not the only one who would click on this thread and just thought you'd give the chance to posters who hadn't watch it until it was on properly. It isn't difficult.

If it means that much to you post all you fucking want, I'm not the only one who would click on this thread and just thought you'd give the chance to posters who hadn't watch it until it was on properly. It isn't difficult.

Re-reading my post, seems pretty aggressive. Didn't direct that at you btw, just a comment on the debate. "you" in general terms, rather than specifically you. Soz!

That said, point still stands. I always wonder why people would come into a show specific thread after the air time but before they've seen it and moan about a spoiler. Like, what is it that they are looking for out of it? A sense of what happened but not to actually know? Seems bizarre. If there's one thing i know to avoid before i've seen a show it's a thread named after the show, y'know?

When the original airtime is 2am, I don't think it's a problem to spoiler until the following prime time showing later that day.

If you don't want to do it, then I don't give a shit. But other posters might click on to want to talk about it when it's actually on at 9pm and see previous spoilers. It's just curtesy and it's not difficult.

Ok as mod of this part of the forum ill make the decision that for True Detective it can be talked about freely on thread after its first UK airing (2am).

If it all works out well then we can use it for Game of Thrones next season. It's my personal preference to wait till the later showing....but happy to go with majority for now.

Since when has being a Mod given you the right to decide what is courteous? They can actually post about it just now and there's nothing you can do.

Common courtesy would be to wait until the majority have seen it. If you don't then so be it. I asked MG for a favour and that was it. I wasn't demanding he did it.

Well aye there is, I could delete the posts or cover them with spoiler tags as I did a few times in the game of thrones thread.

There was a big discussion in that thread about the issue as it's a bit of a grey area with valid points for both sides. At the end of the day someone has to make the call otherwise it ends up being a mish mash of both. I have left it to the last minute but we are point now where episode will be airing in a few hours and if there is people coming on to the thread who havent watched it yet (I'm not sure why people do this) then at least they know there will be spoilers ahead.

Sorry fella

Well aye there is, I could delete the posts or cover them with spoiler tags as I did a few times in the game of thrones thread.

So you'd be cleaning up after people? Gotcha.

You're minding the shop mate, you don't have to set down these precedents. Discuss all you want, I just asked for 19 hours of posting in a spoiler. But if it can't be done then so be it.